The map library

She talks about the role that maps play in this weird conspiracy theory…

9 Likes

The pop sound at 6:50. I did the LOL.

2 Likes

Yeah that post is a hot mess. Will edit soon

1 Like

Road trip planning!

3 Likes
6 Likes

Note for @codinghorror

Every time I go to this topic on iOS Safari (16.4) and get to the end, the browser crashes due to something in the Equator post.

2 Likes

Too many one boxes? That was my post and I need to fix it.

ETA: I guess editing is disabled after some period of time. Delete!

2 Likes

This is smart. After joining NATO, Finland has also performed a castling move with Sweden to further improve its defensive position on the board.

(According to France24, at least.)

5 Likes

A new one for the library…

https://pantryandlarder.com/mccheapest

5 Likes

I wonder what their data source is. For some reason in addition to the McDonald’s locations they have also included local landfills, such as Mt. Trashmore in Evanston.

4 Likes

Are we still seeing this? Here or anywhere else?

1 Like

The post that was causing the random crashing has been removed

(But now we know how to break BoingBoing. Mwuuuhaahahhhahhaaaa)

3 Likes

It was a post I made that had like 20 one-boxes on it, each containing a Google Street View image.

I can put it back if you want to test… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

10 Likes

Big Eyes Wow GIF by TV4

1 Like

5 Likes

Thanks, @PPK !

7 Likes

People in the greater Philadelphia region know where this is going,

I don’t think it was until the next year though that I noticed these never-before-seen bugs (I’m in the western foothills of Appalachia),
Spotted-Lanternfly-Map
And the very next spring there was signage in all the parks encouraging citizens to squash the dopey creatures. I couldn’t find a map for '22, but here was the status as of the beginning of summer:

I’ve seen more this summer than I ever thought possible, so next summer is likely to be worse.

This here is actual map I wanted to share:

My friend in Ohio hasn’t seen any yet. All I got to say is they’re coming. Step on them all you want, I don’t even bother—it’s about as useful as stepping on ants—the population is exploding!
I’m thinking the mountain region slowed their spread a little, but now they’re breaking into this large habitable region of the midwest.
Be grateful they don’t sting or bite! They don’t damage plants per se but they leave a sticky residue that encourages mold growth. Their favorite plant, so called, Tree of Heaven, is also an invasive plant native to China so go figure.

7 Likes

I have to wonder if drought conditions, an unusually warm winter, and lack of snow last year had anything to do with this. :thinking:

3 Likes

Interactive map reporting on current state of gerrymandering.

2 Likes