"The Mystery" of Tucker Carlson

Tucker Carlson always looks like his skin is going to burst, and he’s going to molt into a beautiful human being. Any day now…

2 Likes

I see it more as a plaintive “hey I’m just asking questions” face, or yeah, maybe he’s just a doofus.

1 Like

Or something else, at any rate.

2 Likes

Well that is my nightmare fuel quota for the day… thanks.

10 Likes

He was always a phony. People seem to have forgotten the days when he was Fox’s on hand “liberal go-to guy.”

11 Likes

I’d like to know just when he was ever reasonable. Seriously, since he’s been on Fox, he’s been nothing but a whiny, turdbrain who can’t stop acting like a super-privileged asshole. He is the epitome of white male privilege.

5 Likes

Right. It’s been clear for a long time now that he’s out to sell his smarmy face saying whatever some top bidder wants him to say. I doubt he has much of any particular political commitment at all.

8 Likes

Apparently according to the /r/the_donald you just can’t cuck the tuck.

I think I have a better time trying to understand why kids like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

3 Likes

He’s a piece of shit, always has been. Why are we talking about him?

We are in a conservative caused nightmare. What are we going to do about this?

1 Like

Same thing that they say about Trump. Listen! Not all boarded boys! I was sent to a boarding school when I was eight and I ended up fine. If you don’t believe me, ask my wife. [Wife shakes her head and rolls her eyes]

8 Likes

< shaking my head >

Do this instead.

6 Likes

Sure. But you had Dumbledore.

2 Likes

No Dumbledore. Nuns!

3 Likes

You poor man. I know where you’ve been.

5 Likes

I mean, it’s his default expression, whatever is going on, even when listening to people he agrees with. Quizzical dog.

20 Likes

STEWART: Now, this is theater. It’s obvious. How old are you?

CARLSON: Thirty-five.

STEWART: And you wear a bow tie.

16 Likes

Here’s Tucker in the clubhouse in 1998:

Call it Kavanaugh’s cabal: There was his colleague on the Starr investigation, Alex Azar, now the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Mark Paoletta is now chief counsel to Vice President Mike Pence; House anti-Clinton gumshoe Barbara Comstock is now a Republican member of Congress. Future Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Tucker Carlson were there with Ann Coulter, now a best-selling author, and internet provocateur Matt Drudge.

6 Likes

Best guest turn in cable news history? It has my vote. Wasn’t crossfire cancelled shortly after?

8 Likes

“Get Me Roger Stone” is worth watching just for the insights it gives into Tucker Carlson’s character.

If he’s not just putting on a mask for the interview about Stone and exaggerating his admiration, then he’s is both a cynical and jaded opportunist, and appears to know exactly what he’s doing in terms of manipulating both his fans and critics.

2 Likes

Indeed — for the next eight years anyway

4 Likes