The National Enquirer is in the tank for Trump

It does go nicely with the “temporarily embarrassed millionaires” mindset of people who voted for the Drumpfster fire.

2 Likes

Um… No. By most accounts, Napoleon was intelligent and a strategist.

That creature is neither.

3 Likes

Really? Is this anything more than publishing things on the front page that will make people grab it in the checkout line? I don’t have a problem with this, If people want it, sell it to them. It’s not like the Enquirer is changing any minds.

Here’s a thought: Democracy kinda sucks.

Or, alternatively: What we have is not Democracy.

Kind of obvious, but still. Most people in America should simply not be allowed to vote, and I mean that literally.

1 Like

Sarcasm? Otherwise total wow. But it may well be you get exactly what you asked for. not sure if you’re going to prefer it.

I would take many things above what we now have – a global civilization that appears to be on the brink of collapse. This, brought to us by “democracy,” in name anyway. The Egyptians kept their civilization going for a few thousand years, and it was hardly democratic. I’m curious, why are we so convinced it’s the end-all be-all system?

1 Like

nah, this is just the 1980s coming back around on the Juke Box.

3 Likes

We already have that.

NickyG said:

“Most people in America should simply not be allowed to vote, and I mean that literally.”

this is, effectively, a plank in the GOP Platform TODAY.

Pardon anyones cynicism, but get your head out from the sand. (Not you @NickyG, you’re right on)

1 Like

Do more. Tell them explicitly that they are, by extension, promoting propaganda against political figures who serve US citizens (beyond celebrities).

If that doesn’t work then harass the shit out of them on twitter/facebook. So proud my CVS doesn’t seem to carry it–at least today. They do carry Globe, but I’ll take what I can since I’ve been working on them to stop carrying it now since last December.

And this happens to be the major plank in my platform, in my campaign for Benevolent Alien Overlord Messiah of Terra.

1 Like

oh yeah, there was no implication of you sharing the same platform, just using some of the same lumber.

I might not totally agree, but I totally see your point, and it’s not invalid.

1 Like

:ballot_box_with_check: Woman
:ballot_box_with_check: Beautiful
:ballot_box_with_check: Wearing Bodysuit
:ballot_box_with_check: A 15 out of 10

“David Pecker”

:ballot_box_with_check: Weird
:ballot_box_with_check: Creepy
:ballot_box_with_check: Starstruck
:ballot_box_with_check: Did I mention weird?

Reading about this Pecker dick is like going for a swim in a pool of bong water.

Fucken yuck.

1 Like

Good luck building that pyramid without the Jewish slaves.

When did the Enquirer start doing politics anyway?

I remember the Enquirer being more on the “Bigfoot Raped by Elvis in a Flying Saucer!” end of the market.

Checks Wikipedia - oh, I see.

They started with political nutjobbery, then switched to celebrity nutjobbery, then to UFO/woo nutjobbery and are now back to political nutjobbery.

Funny, I was under the impression there was zero evidence Jewish slaves built the pyramids, outside of the Passover story.

https://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2010/01/12/egypt-new-find-shows-slaves-didnt-build-pyramids

Edit: Being Jew-ish, I should have remembered that the Passover story doesn’t refer to building of the pyramids at all, that was a Hollywood-inspired myth.

1 Like

care to explain the Sea Peoples?

Sea peoples?

Yes. Explain the sea peoples.

Maybe you can, for the public’s benefit, as you introduced this into the conversation without context.