The National Enquirer is in the tank for Trump

The New Kingdom collapsed, along with a number of other bronze age civilizations around 3500 years ago. Among the stressors was the rise of a rival polity known as the sea peoples.

And this relates to the idea of a Jewish slaves building the pyramids how?

Thank you for say that.

And although they both did go to military school we only have physical evidence of one of them actually having a penis.

1 Like

That’s the trouble with talking about a civilization spanning a few thousand years-- you begin to lose sight of major discontinuities lasting for hundreds of years, The New Kingdom Pharoahs, if I may casually lump them together, weren’t interested in building pyramids.

2 Likes

I’ll watch this too, I’m watching the lecture jerwin posted the link to. Interesting, still not understanding how this relates to the idea of Jews building the pyramids… :wink:

Edit: I’m thinking there’s some misunderstanding, likely on my part (maybe others?) as to which statements people are replying to. Anyway, I’m going to go back to watching the old world collapse lecture. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the imaginary sky friend worshipped by the slaves who built the pyramids really the important point here?
Show me an civilisation without democracy and I’ll show me re suffering and misery than you can imagine.
Whatever the faults f democracy (electing governments you don’t like, voting for stupid things etc etc) it is better than any alternative.
I despair.

Ah! A neo-reactionary! I thought the alt-right co-opted you lot ages ago. So are you a monarchist or…?

That most people in America aren’t educationally and/or intellectually equipped to vote, I’ll grant you. However, the system was designed to take that into account from the beginning. What we have is not a direct democracy but a republic – one with a lot of abstraction and baffles and other compensating mechanisms put in.

The problem with compensating mechanisms, being what they are, is that in the case of the American republic they can be gamed and abused to the point where liberal democracy starts tending toward illiberal democracy (as it is at the moment). That’s an opportunity for reform and correcting flaws (which the system allows for) and not throwing out any semblance of popular legitimacy for a government.

There’s already a concerted effort being made to undermine Western liberal democratic institutions from within and without – as understandable as it is for liberals and progressives to despair in the face of their success, joining them in decrying democracy will only help them attain their goal of a neofeudal world.

3 Likes

Yup. This.

Let’s face it, if we’re honest - none of us is in fact capable of having sufficient knowledge of all the various issues and problems we somehow have to decide what to do about.

We still have to decide somehow. Once you start saying some people shouldn’t have a say, you’re on that slippery slope to you not having any input.

2 Likes

That looks like an excellent series. I’ve seen his stuff on the history of writing.

Great Pyramid of Khufu: 2580-2560 BCE
Pyramid of Khafre: 2570 BCE
Pyramid of Menkaure: 2510 BC

Pyramid of Khendjer: 1760 BCE

Bronze age Collapse: 1200-1150 BCE

Date of Exodus: oh crap, this gets into people’s religion, and thus people tend to take certain lines of evidence more seriously than they should… But there’s an traditional date: c 1445 BCE (based on–dramatic pause–THE BIBLE), and the assumption that each “generation” is 40 years,

The idea that enslaved Jews built the pyramids comes from Hollywood, which is known to make stuff up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.