The New York Times has the dope on cannabis use in Canada

Not me. I may be traveling to the US in the next few months. What are the odds that ICE, Homeland Security, DEA etc. don’t have access to that database, as well as my credit card records? I’ll wait until I can pay cash at a brick-and-mortar store.

(I don’t need weed to be paranoid. I’m high on life.)

I’ve committed to NOT travel to the US until the current president is out of office and things look more to my liking. By the time that happens, hopefully Canada will provide a good example of how to convert a massive-but-illegal market into a legal one, with significant differences across a really big chuck of land, in two official languages, in a very short time period, including overnight.

Which I don’t like. I have plenty of good memories and friends in many states. So much to like. But not right now.

1 Like

The problem though, is that the whole thing that got this legalization ball rolling was medical users. But they’re left high-and dry right now. There is no legal way to get CBD oils or edibles, for example, and if you have lung cancer you’re not going to want ot be smoking. If it was decriminalized, it would just be another product. If I understand correctly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.