The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

I hit a paywall, so here is the paywall free version…

https://archive.ph/EEJHN

Thanks!

15 Likes

“So, yeah, i punched that man in the face. But now he’s mad at me! That’s just as bad! Bothsides!” I know, the analogy doesn’t go nearly far enough. Generations of punching. But, generally, it sorta works.

14 Likes

Say what now?

And it wasn’t just Dems doing that “magnifying.” Liz C and Adam K would like a word.

What a Dumbass.

19 Likes

Some people just want us to “forget” about the actual threat posed by the current version of the GOP, and by Trump, Desantis, etc, and get back to “normal” politics. If the shoe had been on the other foot, people like this jackass would be hollowing to bring down the Democrats at the top of their lungs… but since the GOP represents the ruling class a bit better, and keeps together the white coalition across class, they dismiss the attempted coup as “trumped up” and not quite fake news, but certain not what we ALL SAW with our own eyes on January 6th.

20 Likes

To be fair this was botched by the editors. They left out the salient point, "why are you hitting yourself?! Stop hitting yourself "

8 Likes

Yep, nor what the Commission basically proved, and demonstrated – that Trump was right at the very center of that attempt, most intentionally. Instead, he “needs” to be treated like not only an entirely viable 2024 GOP candidate, but also like the most viable one.

14 Likes

It was literally the best midterm result and most brilliant campaigning in a lifetime- where almost all but the pundits were bemoaning a red wave of historic proportions- but the Dems fucked up is certainly an interesting take, prof.

Fucking Yale.

20 Likes

Of course. It’s never the both-sidesing media that is to blame….

14 Likes
16 Likes

Yet another shitty “waaah woke cancel culture is killing comedy” take from someone who once made some really great movies and just doesn’t get that humor has and always will change and evolve.

Airplane, Ruthless People, and Naked Gun may have been great and timeless movies but later projects weren’t so much comedies as “here’s a bunch of fleeting pop culture references that will become dated in two months”. But I guess it’s easier to blame the audience rather than looking inward.

14 Likes

17 Likes

What was the excuse for the first two?

12 Likes

I notice that the article doesn’t even mention his conservative yuck-fest An American Carol.

11 Likes

I recall the Wayans brothers being responsible for the first two.

9 Likes

I had never heard of that one so I looked up the synopsis…

7 Likes

Yeah, those were Keenan Ivory Wayans-directed films. I haven’t seen the first two movies since they came out and I vaguely recall them being very low brow and trashy but entertaining. They were also notable for popularizing “genre spoof” films (not that I think that’s a good thing).

I am quite certain they they haven’t aged well at all. So much movie comedy at this time was filled with lazy pop culture reference jokes that never age well. I also checked on doesthedogdie.com which confirmed my suspicion that all of these movies are indeed filled with homophobic, transphobic, and ableist jokes. (Sigh.)

8 Likes
19 Likes

They might as well fire Tucker too.

17 Likes

Well, not wrong, i mean…

16 Likes

the latest Republican to dump on Trump

Normally I’d find that imagery disgusting. But in this context, it’s delicious!

14 Likes