The overwhelming glee of a woman enjoying her new Chewbacca mask

[Read the post]

4 Likes

Sheā€™s awesome

12 Likes

11 Likes

Poor Ben Solo was traumatized by having a wookie for an uncle.

4 Likes

Another responsible gun owner

4 Likes

That woman just sold a thousand of those things!

13 Likes

Wow. Racist much?

And that mask works surprisingly well. Toys are so good now.

Look at this crap from the mid 90s. I still donā€™t have it in my collection, but OMG - so bad. HALF a mask? Seriously?

4 Likes

Chewbacca to a small adolescent is like a bipedal unintelligible grizzly bear!

Sure he means well and is a big softee, but he is scary looking to small eyes. Like how adults are (usually) unafraid of clowns and people dressed up like Mickey Mouse, but small children are terrified of them.

2 Likes

Not as bad as the Boba Fett costume I had as a kid, back when The Empire Strikes Back came out. I found this picture that gives some idea of what it was like. The mask was pretty much see-through. And yet it impressed other kids and even some adults. One guy looked at me, said, ā€œWhoa!ā€ and dumped a bowl of candy in my bag.

As a side note itā€™s cute that the Chewbacca mask makes noises but I get a bigger kick out of hearing her laugh.

13 Likes

I really, really needed this today. Thank you. That laughter was infectious.

7 Likes

Her laugh pretty much makes my day, though I do wonder (and not, suspiciously, just out of curiosity), just what it is in her that makes that mask seem so very delightful.

12 Likes

Who wants in on my kickstarter for masks of this lady that laugh infectiously when you open your mouth?

21 Likes

My guess is sheā€™s watching herself on her phone as she records and thereā€™s that one moment where she sees herself laughing and then she just canā€™t stop. That was the moment I had to turn it off because I was actually laughing out loud at work! Iā€™ll watch it about 100 times tonight when I get home. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The Farce is strong in this one.

8 Likes

man, her delight is definitely delightful. she should get a commission.

6 Likes

She is wonderfull. I really needed that after a shitty week.

6 Likes

Wunnerful! Wunnerful! Havenā€™t stopped laughing.

r

3 Likes

I find that enthusiasm is very attractive.

4 Likes

It says ā€œBoba Fettā€ right on the belt! Canā€™t get more authentic than that!

7 Likes

My boyfriend has a bit of that going on ā€“ heā€™s well over 6ā€™, with a full beard, and can appear quite grumpy if you donā€™t know him. Heā€™s even been nicknamed ā€˜Chewieā€™ by some of his co-workers. Heā€™s also been known to scare small children, albeit unintentionally! (Until they learn heā€™s a big softee, of course.)

6 Likes