The overwhelming glee of a woman enjoying her new Chewbacca mask

That was great. But the second row of teeth when she laughs behind the mask freaks me out.

4 Likes

I don’t buy that. Things are scary because they’re unfamiliar or because they’re dangerous. All iterations of the Solo children were raised with Chewy around all the time, as well as many other aliens with behavioral customs that appear much more menacing that simply “large”.

3 Likes

I had the best and worst costumes when I was a kid. If I was with my dad for the holiday I’d wind up in some vinyl bib with the name of the character on it and a marginally 3D mask rubber-banded to my face. My mother, on the other hand, was a theatrical costumer who could not only sew me great costumes but had access to props.

As an adult I realize I got the same amount of candy either way.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Nothing wrong with having a wookiee in the family, but no kid wants to have to share the couch with a seven-foot tall nudist covered in body hair.

10 Likes

I like this.

1 Like

I think it was like an endless feedback loop: mask makes the sound, she laughs, the movement makes the mask go off again, and so on. I can imagine the same thing happening to me :joy:

7 Likes

Holy Jesus, holy Jesus, where the hell is my damn oxygen tank, no really I’m having a real hard time breathing. I can’t find my fucken oxygen tank, I’m going down, I’m going down hard, send somebody now, NOW…

5 Likes

Almost as freaky as the fact that her face looks remarkably similar to the mask! (No, really, I’m not being snarky, compare the nose, eyes, hair etc, rather a bit uncanny!)

FIZZGIG!!!

6 Likes

“Uncle Chewie, cover up! I can see your junk when you sit like that!”

2 Likes

True. It is far better than making a “Wicked Uncle Ernie” joke.

In my experience, small children seem to love big, oversized guys. My bro-in-law is a big guy, and even before he had kids, kids always loved him to pieces… it’s actually funny that little kids are so good at sussing out who is dangerous and who is just a big old teddy bear.

5 Likes

Yeah, but you seem to remember your mom more fondly. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t know about a resemblance, but it does fit her perfectly!

1 Like

I followed the Amazon link.

$400

:open_mouth:

She’s wonderful

1 Like

Last week the price was maybe a tenth of that. I sure hope Hasbro is planning on sending this woman a thank-you basket.

Kohl’s sent her a bunch of Star Wars stuff for her family, including masks for everyone.

18 Likes

“Hey kids, life day is coming early this year!”

3 Likes