The Pink Panther Theme is very odd in a major key

[Read the post]

1 Like

Wow. That is painful. It just sounds so wrong, I can’t tell if they screwed something up or if there’s no actual better way to put it in a major key, but it’s completely cacophonous to me.

12 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but it sounds like a musical interpretation of a depressed person trying to pretend they’re happy.

10 Likes

Hard pass.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/67128258.jpg

7 Likes

I can hear the difference between things in Major and Minor Keys, but don’t understand what it means? To Wikipedia I must away!

Edit: That didn’t work… what the heck is a “third”? But then I can’t work out that whole “beats to the bar” thing either?

6 Likes

This should help…

If you you’re interested in learning more, this will cover some of the basics of tones…

11 Likes

How about Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer in a minor key?

4 Likes

While there are real, subjective differences between major and minor modes, it’s largely just a matter of what you’re used to hearing – transposing from a minor to major (or vice-versa) is definitely the audio version of Uncanny Valley; close enough to the original to make if just sound odd, and far enough for it to, well, sound odd too!

I’ve done it with a few of my own compositions, and without fail the transposed version sounds weird, odd, and usually unpleasant.

3 Likes

Going the other way - how does this sound to you then?

9 Likes

Musically, it sure works a lot better.

1 Like

So I’m the only one who likes the minor-key variant?

3 Likes

That is much more horrifying than I had anticipated. :rabbit2:

1 Like

I find it much more enjoyable than the original, which to me is insufferable.

2 Likes

It’s immensely disturbing how the scale shift changes this song. It feels so incredibly wrong.

2 Likes

While on the subject of scale changes, how do you make an already creepy song even creepier? Here’s your answer.

3 Likes

Big Brother Santa Claus is Watching

5 Likes

Feels like they should have dropped the tempo as well.

Sounds like the Stalker anthem…

1 Like

Thanks, dude!

1 Like

The original song was meant to sound like the Stalker Anthem. It gets played at 34% of all weddings, because people don’t realize.

2 Likes