The Queen Elizabeth II Meta Thread

What was the last thing Elizabeth did before getting ill?

The Daily Heil is outraged that other people are asking the same question.

20 Likes

Maybe thatā€™s what made her sickā€¦

13 Likes

Maybe this time it will be just in time for the six oā€™clock news if she looks like she might linger?

11 Likes

Sheā€™s a couple hours older than mom, so I hope mom takes it well. Itā€™s a nice day for a picnic.

10 Likes

She was always an excellent media monarchā€¦

5 Likes

Jokes aside, if the association of ā€œLiz Truss met the Queen, the Queen passed shortly thereafter,ā€ sticks in a way that hustles Truss out the door sooner, Iā€™m all for it.

21 Likes

Tonight Show Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 Likes

Itā€™s not looking good

9 Likes

I would imagine everything kind of comes to a halt. The 3rd test of the Englandā€“South Africa match was delayed by rain today, but Iā€™d imagine this will put a halt to it entirely.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Wasnā€™t Liz Trussā€™s campaign video a cheekyā€¦ hommage letā€™s say to this.

6 Likes

From the Guardian article posted by @Purplecat :

Switchboards ā€“ the Palace, Downing Street, the Department of Culture, Media and Sport ā€“ will be swamped with calls during the first 48 hours. It is such a long time since the death of a monarch that many national organisations wonā€™t know what to do. The official advice, as it was last time, will be that business should continue as usual. This wonā€™t necessarily happen. If the Queen dies during Royal Ascot, the meet will be scrapped. The Marylebone Cricket Club is said to hold insurance for a similar outcome if she passes away during a home test match at Lordā€™s. After the death of George VI in 1952, rugby and hockey fixtures were called off, while football matches went ahead. Fans sang Abide With Me and the national anthem before kick off. The National Theatre will close if the news breaks before 4pm, and stay open if not. All games, including golf, will be banned in the Royal Parks.

4 Likes

Maybe so but we are all waiting official confirmation from Gibbo, Ricey, et al before we jump to conclusions!

3 Likes

So do they bonk her on the head with a silver hammer to decide if sheā€™s dead?

Or is that just for Popes?

3 Likes

Imagine all the horrible policies Liz Truss could push through while the national conversation was taken up with a coronation and a new king (I assume parliament wonā€™t convene during a funeral and mourning period).

3 Likes

Not if everyone is asking if she killed the queen.

14 Likes

:grimacing:

23 Likes

There are limits to what can be done if you canā€™t put bills before Parliament.

4 Likes

Always thought ā€œhomeā€ was Buckingham Palace. Guess Iā€™ll be learning a lot of things about Elizabeth here at some point.
Or do royals even have a concept of ā€œhome-homeā€ like ordinary people?

2 Likes

Do any billionaires?

5 Likes