The Queen Elizabeth II Meta Thread

Parliamentary business is paused for 10 days.

2 Likes

I understand she (and other monarchs) hates the place - Windsor was prefered if she needed to be near London, Balmoral any time she could.

8 Likes

The wife and I were just talking about this.

My dad died a couple years ago at his home, a two bedroom assisted living place. All of us kids, spouses, and grand kids spent 2 days together as hospice helped. We barely tolerate each other in normal times.

When my mother in law got cancer we took turns at home and later in the hospital. Eating was vending machines, fast food, and hospital cafeteria.

In other words, thatā€™s real world. Whatever the royals do is not even close to real world.

Weā€™re watching the BBC and just saw a huge catering truck leave the castle.

A private jet just delivered most of the royal family to Scotland.

Thatā€™s their real world. I wonder if people like that can even imagine the real world and do they understand it was only by luck of birth that they get that life and do they ever feel guilty.

Itā€™s a bizarro world we all live in.

6 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

Bargain Hunt cancelled? Fuck, thatā€™s going to anger every old fart in the country!!

12 Likes

It made me quite sick, thatā€™s for sureā€¦

4 Likes

I Feel You Yes GIF by Bounce

4 Likes

Much as I dislike Truss, Iā€™m not so sure sheā€™s to blame. After all, the previous visitor, the lying, proroguing facsimile of a human being known as Bojo had just passed through.
I would put nothing past that shit-encrusted sorry excuse for a man.

7 Likes

Canā€™t rule it out, tho!

7 Likes

Can I blame both of them?

Iā€™m not even a royalist and I would prefer to have a few more years of Liz over Truss and/or de Pfeffel.

21 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by NBC

7 Likes

Let us all feel free to blame both of them, I was simply blinded, in my statement, by my innate hatred of the (man?) who has done more than any other in history to destroy the country I inhabit. If I ever met him, only one of us would leave the 'dome.

But I am in danger of derailing, soā€¦ back to current news, quick, before someone spots it, quickā€¦

6 Likes

Bored Queen Elizabeth GIF by Madman Films

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no news- I feel sorry for Huw Edwards, heā€™s had to keep on talking over live images of nothing happening for hours on end, with nothing new to tell us.

2 Likes

Funny pic. I like this one, which gives an idea of the JFK magnetism. In most other pictures sheā€™s quite staid.

People I knowā€“men and womenā€“who met Bill Clinton would say that they never really understood the term ā€œmagnetic personalityā€ until they met him. Instant attraction. Apparently JFK had the same thing.

12 Likes

They donā€™t.

4 Likes

Itā€™s true they all have properties all over this god-forsaken planet but now Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s a nuance with the queen. Suppose your (least) favorite billionaire shows up at your door one night and is like ā€œI need to stay here tonight.ā€ Youā€™d obviously slam the door in their face. With their unlimited resources however, they could probably sleep in your house if so determined. Of course there would be legal hang-ups resulting from such a stunt.
The queen? Iā€™m not from Britain, but if she showed up at someoneā€™s house can they say no? Any legal recourse at all? Just wondering if her concept of ā€œhomeā€ might be anywhere/everywhere on the whole island.

1 Like

When was this picture taken?

How old is Prince Edward?

4 Likes