The sheriffs who cheered Trump's attack on the press have long histories of shady dealings, revealed by the press

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/10/brownshirts.html

12 Likes

Of course they do.

21 Likes

But on the other hand; if you pulled together a random selection of 40 sheriffs, what are the odds that 25% of them would be dirty?

16 Likes

Not a shocker. For me the question is WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE STILL SHERIFFS?

Of course, why is Trump still President?

sigh

23 Likes

Very good?

17 Likes

Again, mostly fat, doughy white guys. The best and brightest of the white nationalist movement.

11 Likes

What the so-called “free press” doesn’t seem to understand is that real Americans like their facts alternative and their policing dirty.

6 Likes

…I feel personally attacked.

#NotAllDoughyWhiteGuys

24 Likes

Mostly, but not exclusively.

10 Likes

The dude on the right looks kind of like the guy in the middle wearing an industrial strength corset.

4 Likes

Weird how those applauding a corrupt authoritarian are themselves corrupt authoritarians.

It’s sort of like the joke, “What do you call a group of ten people at a table with a Nazi? Eleven Nazis.”

I rather suspect that the difference between the law enforcement officers discussed in the article and the rest of those in attendance is the rest haven’t yet had legal proceedings brought against them, not that they haven’t done anything illegal.

41wpBoQexXL2

23 Likes

I don’t trust that one either!

16 Likes

Oh, but he’s a different sort of problem altogether…

4 Likes

this administration is meeting with leos ( or leo larpers ) who are the b team to sherrif david alexander clarke , jr and sherrif michael joseph arapao ??? still trying to restock the swamp with bigger monsters ??? < snicker > i’m shocked !!! < tries to hold chortling and outstarboard laughter behind hand and fails > shocked !! hahahahahah heheheheeheehe hoohohohohohohohohoh whahahthhah harharhrharhrhr

1 Like

That’s the joke :wink:

It may be worth your while to cross check the list of fêted sheriffs against a list of “constitutional” sheriffs.

6 Likes

Sheriff is usually an elected position.

1 Like

That man’s beard at the end- I swear thats a merkin growing on his face.

3 Likes

One should never underestimate the strength of the attraction that disreputable scumbags have for each other.

2 Likes

What part of ‘mostly’ do you not understand? Living in Utah, ‘almost’ the whole legisIature is comprised of fat doughy white guys. I’m sick of fat doughy white guys making laws that they have no business legislating. Karl Rowe is from Utah, prime example.