The ultimate guide to talking to a woman with headphones on

Obligatory:

Mouseover text: It sounds like a great way to make friends! Is it near that Friend Zone you keep talking about? I wanna go!

20 Likes

Something is making me think this guy’s ex isn’t doing what he wants her to be doing.

12 Likes

This guy is a real pickup artist:

http://www.motoringartist.com/63-Chevy-Pickup-Truck-by-Ian-Guy.html

There are paintings of pickups all over his website.

23 Likes

I pronounce it “pee-ew, eh?”

10 Likes

22 Likes

Someone needs to make that a meme: Pepé Le PUA

22 Likes

… acceptable, if the building IS on fire (I hope).

11 Likes

This should probably go in the unpopular opinions thread, but… that article is not as bad as Rob makes it out to be. It’s not good, but the crappy parts don’t include “don’t allow her to ignore you” and “don’t allow her control the interaction.”

6 Likes

If you see someone in public with headphones on, they most likely aren’t worth talking to anyway.

6 Likes

Is he this guy?
My girlfriend elaborately made me homeless. : legaladvice (Reddit)

10 Likes

I wonder if a lot off those guys might find someone much more quickly if they just get used to talking to strangers without any intentions (all kinds of strangers, not just the datable kind, men, ladies, old, young, etc.). Being a good conversationalist, and comfortable in your own skin (and not being invested in the outcome beyond just friendly chat) probably would go a long way.

19 Likes

TBF, you’re right, its actually not that bad, compared to some truly vile PUA stuff I’ve read, its like Family Circus.
But the entire premise is incorrect. Women wearing headphones are not waiting to be approached, full stop, end of story, period. Doing so is massively intrusive, and scary. I know women who are now complaining that guys are coming up to them and RIPPING their earphones off their heads solely so she HAS to hear him. Thats a thing now, and its terrifying. (which is likely what people are responding to moreso that this guy, he’s just the most recent.)

Complaining about how hard it is to talk to women with earbuds has been a thing for a couple years now;
ocelotspots:
“ leupagus:
“ jeffl95:
“ leupagus:
“ jeffl95:
“ leupagus:
“ skyline-through-the-window:
“ goddess-:
“ leupagus:
“ This is so beautiful.
”
#honestly earbuds are the best invention ever for...

21 Likes

I LOVE THAT THREAD SO MUCH OMG!

Never have a seen /r/relationships come together to applaud a woman’s actions so wholeheartedly and completely, absolutely amazing. The best ever. Worth reading ALL the comments. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I have a certain amount of sympathy for these guys, because basically that’s me. I’ve never been interested in this pickup bollocks for two reasons though.

1. If it actually works, can you imagine what kind of person it would work on?
  2. It still involves talking to strangers and nope, not for me.
7 Likes

Ah “negging”. It’s not misogyny if you convince yourself that women want to be insulted first, right?

20 Likes

Anecdotally, I would say no.

I talk to strangers all the time, and have made many friends this way, but nope - never got a date out of it since 20 years ago (and I think those instances were simply due to being in an open, receptive, college environment).

7 Likes

With just a little practice everyday, you can abandon all hope of meaningful interaction with fellow members of humanity regardless of gender, and wall yourself off completely in the existential horror of your own mind.

26 Likes

You Hope the building is on fire? You MONSTER!

18 Likes

Anecdotally, I have dated a few people that way. (And turned down more)

Surely works better for some than others. Not a system I developed, just how I am and how it has worked out.

6 Likes

You had me at existential horror, where do I sign up?

14 Likes