The women held a vote, and you're not allowed to talk to anyone ever again

Wait, people insist on talking to women who have headphones on?

I thought everybody put on headphones as a signal of “Would the world kindly fuck off except in cases of a rampaging dingos, legendary pokemon in the area or fire.”?

I guess being gay I have been oblivious to new techniques men use to try to pick up women.

28 Likes

Never underestimate someone with poor social awareness coupled with the stink of sexual desperation/inadequacy. I’ve had friends tell someone they were gay, which only seemed to encourage guys even further.
And in college i was at the computer lab doing with with some large headphones on and i realized at one point that some annoying dude had been talking to me for a while even though i had no idea he was there.

18 Likes

You are missing context, there was a PUA article on “How to talk to women wearing headphones” - we’ve been mining it for humour ever since.

This is still my fave response.

Your comrade made the awful mistake of talking to the Woman Who Is Reading A Book On The Subway. You watched it happen.
He made her look up from the book and her basilisk eyes fell on him, unblinking, and he melted.
You still remember the screams.

26 Likes

“Your mom abstained.”

That’s what made it for me.

22 Likes

That poem, though;

12 Likes

“Keep the baby. You need her more than she needs you.”

Yeah, I realize I’m late to this and completely amazed that people are doing that. I wouldn’t think of bothering a person wearing headphones unless it was some sort of emergency or pointing out her shoes were untied.

But then I would be on my headphones trying to avoid people as well.

9 Likes

Damn, that is so sad.

1 Like

At least is was democratic. Better than the alternative. Just ask this guy:

For sure sad. Kudos to you if you’ve been able to dodge most of the random guys hittin on ya.

Also, i’m a guy and i have stories of being harassed by random creepy men (and some women now that i recall). Thank god i’m mostly oblivious to the majority of these awkward advances.

2 Likes

Quite. But sometimes, some guys just HAVE to tell a woman he finds her attractive… It’s like SOOOO important that she know he finds her attractive and be instantly grateful!

21 Likes

How dare you not accept those compliments!

16 Likes

I know, right! How dare women ignore men!

16 Likes

It’s not that difficult. But a lot take it so bad.

10 Likes

They demand that you acknowledge their feelings and refuse to believe that it can be considered an intrusion on the person they are talking to…

13 Likes

Why I’ll never date a feminist

9 Likes

14 Likes

Ugh. I just couldn’t eat that whole thing.

Lots of good comments below it though.

14 Likes
13 Likes

And too bad for the ladies! It’s all your fault he won’t date you!

My wife tells this great story about this friend of hers who once took her aside and let her know that he just wasn’t interested in a romantic relationship with her. That he thought she should know before she got her hopes up.

This article is a lot like that, but just letting all women (except for Ann Coulter!) know that he’s too good for them.

21 Likes