Thin-skinned Iowa lawmaker hangs up the phone on reporter who asked about his "anti-coddling" bill

Thanks for that.

Bobby Kaufmann: Well, I believe the national conversation needs to take place with both sides coming to the table.
In beginning a "national conversation" (itself the new "Support the troops"), insulting the other party before the invites are sent is usually received as...an insult. And a good indication that there was never any intention of having a "national conversation", but rather another bully doing what bullies do--from the end of the CBC article (well done, CBC):
Earlier on Wednesday, Representative Kaufmann did another interview that went more smoothly — and ended less abruptly — than ours did. He spoke with Fox's Pete Hegseth on the program Fox & Friends. They both joke about how they probably "triggered some kids."
Yeah, what a bunch of jerks, those future constituents of yours, jerk. At the very least we can be glad that the first wave of American Fascists is thin-skinned and thick-skulled.
12 Likes

And which criterion did you use?

6 Likes

I know; I was being rhetorical. The question is, how bad do things have to be before people see rising up seriously against the system as being the lesser evil?

2 Likes

It’s possible the pony story has a grain of truth to it (I can definitely remember my professors joking sarcastically with students : “cheer up, we’re going to have hot fudge sundaes after the exam”) but this is exactly the kind of story conservatives love to get all riled up over. I get the impression they deliberately ignore the context because it suits their agenda.

5 Likes

No, no, you thoroughly enjoyed telling me, but see my response to the other reply to my post. Also please note I’m keen on (most of, not the anti-Semitic bits) the work of T S Eliot, and read what he had to say on the subject. Also see Eco’s description of William of Baskerville.

Inside the conservative bubble, these are all things they know are real, and there’s no need to check on their veracity. FOX/Breitbart/Stormfront would never lie, right?

6 Likes

BK: I’m not ready to point fingers on specifics

Look to tRump for those hard to find specifics

[note sarcasm]

1 Like

Not so quick to praise the ponies:

4 Likes

“Blow it out your ass, sassafrass”?

“Die in a fire, Marsh Samphire”?

“Go back to Hell, Bluebell”?

“Fuck yourself in the eye, Gladiolii”?

I will grant that this is harder than it looks. Needs more research.

15 Likes

The GOP hates dogs!!!

4 Likes

I agree that it’s an interesting phenomena.

And bunnies. And chickens.

4 Likes

He sounds upset. Everyone send him a live pony in the mail. /S

7 Likes

They are the party that’s effectively vilified the concept of empathy.

18 Likes

Phone him up and leave happy songs on his voicemail?

8 Likes

We should push CBC to have the program This is That follow up with this asshat. Far more appropriate.

3 Likes

HAHAHA nice and practical. I love it.

The ponies could never be done but I just love the image of his assistant coming in to his office to say, “Sir, we have another pony sized box out front and the box is whinnying”. Just then a little heard of mini ponies run past in the background…

… and scene.

7 Likes

Nah, just the pony byproducts.
Srsly, we have an occasional therapy dog come in for our ‘Read to a Dog’ program. Kids sign up for a block of 15 minutes, the handler brings in a very nice and well behaved Golden Retriever or Lab, and they sit together while the kid reads to the dog. It helps with reading skills, people get a little fur therapy, and pretty much everyone is happy.

10 Likes

And that, right there, is the core of the GOP platform.

13 Likes

I wonder what he would say about our Bundie Boys actions down here in Oregon?

3 Likes