Things that have been mildly vandalized

If that’s how your city government runs, then you might want to look into whether someone’s skimming; failure to follow GAAP is a good indicator of embezzlement somewhere in the system.

2 Likes

Also not what I said. But, if my Mayor is skimming from other budgeted items in order to put a few more beds in the shelter, I am all for that. Unfortunately, he has proven himself more likely to cut from the shelters in order to fund more beautification.

It’s really very simple. If they are taking money that’s budgeted for shelters and applying it to maintenance without review and approval, they aren’t following GAAP. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

Aaaand…I never said they were. Sorry if you misinterpreted my posts.

No misinterpretation. It’s quite literally what you wrote:

1 Like

Yes, that is what I wrote. I am sorry that you interpreted it to mean that some low-level functionary had the ability to instantly shift the money “without review and approval” from one department to another.

Anyway, I’ve had it.

Perhaps you shouldn’t read this thread, or join that Reddit group.

6 Likes

If you don’t know how it works, that’s OK. It’s not common knowledge. But blaming some kid tagging a hydrant for homeless people going hungry is serious bullshit.

If you’re annoyed that your city spend money on beautification when they should be spending it on support, then go do something about it during the budgeting process. Complaining about graffiti misses the mark, unless the graffiti is what’s really bothering you.

8 Likes

Saw this one a few years back, worth a sensible chuckle.

11 Likes

…watery fowls, flowery twats et al.

1 Like

That’s a tough yellow to color match. “A” for execution!

4 Likes

“A” is for “Alcoholic”, “E” is for “Effort.” :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Once saw a portable sign for the Naval Reserve rearranged to Anal Reserve (shades of rum, sodomy and the lash!)

3 Likes

The water tower in Deep River ON has been known to become Beer River from time to time…

2 Likes

This was a hydrant that needed a fresh coat of paint anyway, but the city was putting off painting it. And I guarantee they weren’t putting off painting it so they could save money to feed a homeless family.

Is it?

Oh, I see. It’s personal.

Hopefully you place the value of your car’s bling at least a little bit below the life of a young rapscallion.

Yep, I’m sure those things were perfectly random.

3 Likes

As the bike vandalism happened in 1980 in Wisconsin and the car vandalism in 1999 in England, either they were random or I have a serious stalker. In both cases my life was endangered, so yeah, it is personal.

Hopefully you place the value of your car’s bling at least a little bit below the life of a young rapscallion.

Me? Sure. And I don’t drive a car with a protruding sculpture. But I’ve lived in parts of the country where if someone catches you mucking with their car, you are in serious danger. Hence my advice in the nowformerly-hidden post.

1 Like

They need Senga.

1 Like

Nothing beats a bag of stick-on googly eyes.

eta: But LEDs can come close.

16 Likes

No better time than the present, my friend. Your time is now; live life to the fullest.

2 Likes

I realise this is closer to straight up graffiti, but when this camel was painted over (because the wall needs replacing), there was a public outcry, until it eventually returned: (Notice the way they’ve carefully left the road name legible)

(This is from St Pauls in Bristol in the UK, where many people speak Jamaican patois with a broad West Country accent. So you have the Jamaican “wa gwaan”, ie ‘what’s going on’ with the Bristolian “me babber”, which is the equivalent of ‘mate’.)

Here’s what it looks like now.

5 Likes