Things That Really "Grind My Gears..."

Gwaaarn. Edit it, two months later. You know you want to…

7 Likes

Zowie!

6 Likes

Mealy, mushy, and insipid. When I bite into an apple, I want a goddamn rock concert in my mouth. Honeycrisp FTFW.

6 Likes

Personally, I’m partial to Honeycrisp, Pink Ladies and Granny Smith… but we really need a dedicated thread for apples and ketchup, for all the folks who feel so strongly about it…

9 Likes

#wrath: politics, religion, ketchup, and apples.

This is why I :heart: BB.

14 Likes

Don’t forget cycling!

8 Likes

Not sure if I’ve had. Am now interested.

1 Like

I know, I know, it’s in the topic description but it seems that there’s a consensus on BB that bicycles are the coolest invention in the world.

The wrath begins when cyclists start talking about motorists and city planning.

8 Likes

Not quite a consensus:

7 Likes

There is a crosswalk right in front of the building where I work: one-way street, three lanes of traffic. At least once a week while I’m patiently standing on the sidewalk waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass someone in the lane closest to me will come to a screeching halt and give me a little hand flappy signal to go ahead and cross. And they are utterly oblivious to the two lanes of speeding cars next to them.

I’m sure they think they’re being nice but they’re not. All they’re doing is slowing down both of us.

13 Likes

Exactly. Stop doing this and take your right of way.

6 Likes

A bit of friendly advice: If you’re a salesperson who’s dropped in to try and entice one of your customers to buy an addon to your product and the customer says, “I have a problem with the way what we’ve got now works…” DON’T laugh and say, “Yeah, a lot of customers have that same complaint. We think it’s just fine as it is.

7 Likes

How does “a high rate of delta posistion” grab you?

Countries that don’t know what a roundabout is.

Same as high rate of speed, but more awkwardly worded.

2 Likes

Unlike the branding iron.

4 Likes

I’m just going to vote for the bessemer process https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessemer_process

2 Likes

That’s the US… sort of. In some parts of the US you can’t not know what a roundabout is (I’m looking at you, Boston). Others, such as the entire multi-state area in the middle of the country where I grew up, you will never ever see one.

This is even worse than an entire country not knowing what a roundabout is.

7 Likes

People are weird. This situation made me feel other people’s pain more deeply.

6 Likes

*lolz

Therein lies the difference between folks who are compassionate/empathetic and those who are self absorbed enough to try to always make everything about them.

4 Likes