This Is Fine

Boots? I meant Berks!

At least 10 years old and still chugging…

16 Likes

Not to mention the high-heel version!

12 Likes

All I can see when I look at that is a broken ankle just waiting to happen…

9 Likes

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

15 Likes

Cat Lady No GIF

14 Likes

Perhaps more of a groovy platform:

10 Likes

People who work on their feet: Birks (sorry but Crocs don’t have any arch support).
Yes. Absolutely.

Ideally, with merino wool socks, from Costco.
Or if you want to look dressy instead of hike-y, get Smartwool discounted online at Sierra Trading Post.

8 Likes
12 Likes

Obligatory:

Cracker sings about Costco Socks

7 Likes

OMG perfect.
Big fan of CVB and Cracker. And Lowery. And Hickman.

ETA but not ungratefully: no mention of socks in the clip but I believe you

7 Likes

Despite inflation worries, Americans are less likely to cancel Amazon Prime, Netflix than cut spending on food

8 Likes

Plenty of Americans have already cut spending on food as much as they can, entertainment, especially if you have kids, is also essential. Also, if Amazon prime costs $150/year, the amount saved per month won’t make much difference to a food budget.

5 Likes

Two decades ago, congressional Republicans created MA “to encourage health insurers to find innovative ways to provide better care at lower cost,” the Times wrote. However, the MA program now costs more money per patient than those enrolled in Medicare.

Journalist Natalie Shure explained how the scam works.

“Privatized Medicare plans cherry-pick healthier enrollees, fudge medical records to make them look as sick as possible, coax doctors into tacking on extra sham diagnoses to bill for, and pay themselves a profit on top of it,” she wrote, noting that the insurance companies often refuse to provide additional treatment to these allegedly sick patients. “Medicare Advantage shouldn’t exist.”

In April, the Biden administration announced that, next year, MA insurers will receive one of the largest payment increases in the program’s history, the publication added.

16 Likes

Given what’s on the itemised bills from US healthcare services ($40 for “brief emotional behaviour” == crying on receipt of bad news FFS), at first I struggle to see why charging for non-existant things is even necessary. Then I wondered how anyone would notice. Then I wondered what the difference is between “non-existent healthcare charges” and what they’re doing legally.

8 Likes

Fixed:

Bonus:

7 Likes
14 Likes

You have made my day.
Thanks.
Hickman is spot-on.
This is the first time I have heard a banjo part on Take the Skinheads Bowling.

I played this on the big speakers Sony speakers.
I hope all my neighbors heard it.

10 Likes

:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Time to stock up on iodine?

15 Likes

Oh Brother Sigh GIF by Smino

How can the stupid timeline keep getting stupider… but here we are, on the brink of a nuclear disaster…

11 Likes