This Is Fine

Colombia, I think? But I had the same thought.

8 Likes
17 Likes

21 Likes
18 Likes

Screaming Dying Inside GIF

18 Likes

College textbooks.
Not high school.
“College.”

WTAF.

How do we support our children, our future?

Why are we not offering handles of all kinds to the upcoming humans who face steep odds just wanting to live on this planet?

20 Likes

https://ahrp.org/1944-1956-radioactive-nutrition-experiments-conducted-by-harvard-and-mit-on-disabled-children/

ETA:

20 Likes

Even in the age of digital publishing college textbook publishers hate ebooks, because they allow rapid revision without making the student purchase a whole new book. And the process of getting science textbooks published takes years-during which time the whole field might have changed, or new data is required, or new priorities have arisen.

3 Likes

WTAF…
Angry Star Trek GIF

12 Likes

The practice was halted in 1977.

Makes one wonder what horrific new revelations the medical research community/prison industrial complex will be apologizing for 40something years hence.

17 Likes
5 Likes
17 Likes

Pity it’s so much cheaper to just help them get shelter and jobs or financial support than keep them in prison. Where else would my tax dollars be spent so stupidly than in supporting the prison complex?

6 Likes
15 Likes

pig people

11 Likes

13 Likes

People have had porcine heart valves for decades. They get all the living cells removed, but still.

12 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Facebook addiction increases depression severity among people who are already depressed

16 Likes