This Is Fine

Cacao trees usually absorb the cadmium from the soil as they grows, while lead is found in the outer shell of the cocoa bean and usually contaminates the beans as they are being processed.

So i guess there are ways around this, but nothing terribly easy. Damn.

19 Likes

Guys, it’s not that complicated if you’re serious about it.

19 Likes

Balance it out with lots of cilantro?

15 Likes

Website from the nonprofit As You Sow that lists test results from a lot products and doesn’t charge for looking like Consumer Labs

Edited because there is more than 50

18 Likes

I welcome the development of NuCacao trees, and production of KindaCocoa™ beans…

I’m sure they’ll be just as delicious! :face_holding_back_tears:

Bad Taste Reaction GIF by Lemonerdy

13 Likes

That does sound like a massive crock of shit as excuses go.

10 Likes

Wetumpka Police Officer Brendan Foster said that when he arrived on the county-owned property near the courthouse between 8 and 9 a.m., he found Alston in possession of Fancy Feast.

17 Likes

With intent to distribute, even!

20 Likes

Is that the name of a cat or a cat food?

12 Likes

The suggestion that the mayor had a personal beef against the women and effectively told the police to arrest them is illuminating. I hope they get a crowdsourced fund going to cover their legal costs and help with cat food and TNR activities.

10 Likes

It’s a Purina brand of cat food:

12 Likes

Aka Kitty Crack
Stuff stinks and the ingredients are generally crap, but it does bring kitties in and can help a cat with appetite suppression

9 Likes

Yeah, don’t feed your pet cats that crap. The women were using it to catch the strays to get then neutered.

12 Likes

I remember our vet calling it the McDonald’s of cat food. :smiley_cat:

11 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

What is wrong with people?

Although, at least, hippos are actually quite dangerous and I won’t shed a tear at any poacher who learns that the hard way.

19 Likes

Hippos are incredibly dangerous but honestly elephants aren’t exactly pushovers either.
Losing an entire 50% of a species is one hell of a requirement for a trade ban. :frowning:

19 Likes

If they went to Bolivia to do this the government would welcome them. Pablo Escobar’s now-feral hippos are trashing the local environment there.

6 Likes