This Is Fine

3 Likes

So rather than representing the will of the people, or upholding the rule of law, we now legislate at the will of the most violent and threatening. I know this is the fascist way. I know I should expect no less. But it makes me very sad, and more than a little afraid.

9 Likes

1 Like

Infuriating, though to be fair, that’s a symptom of the asymetry between parties that is maintained and expanded by the media and even the courts. When Dems do something well and promote it, it is ignored. When Republicans claim Dems did something wrong (especially if it’s something the GOP actually did), it dominates the news cycle. Whe Repubicans break laws, they get a slap on the wrist (at most!). When Dems are accused of something they didn’t do, they resign in the face of public, peer, and legal pressure.

If we want Dems to go back to running on issues, issues actually have to matter. As in, every day there are people who want affordable health care but the GOP is against it, that should be a prime news point. Every time the GOP blocks legislation that people want, that should be #1 on the news cycle. Every time Dems deliver on a campaign promise, that should be #1 on the news cycle. Until then, we are getting the behavior from Dems that we have incentivized.

Look at the coverage of Biden vs T**** just on their age and when and how they mis-speak. It’s so far off it’s not even biased - it’s GOP propaganda.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Ugh. This reminds me of articles warning we’ll see more stories pushing back against a transition to EVs and cleaner energy sources:

What jumps out at me is these articles never mention RVs - which are much heavier.

5 Likes

Or heavy-duty pickups, which not only reach that mass easily, are often modified for an even higher center-of-gravity than they start with, exacerbating the problem. EVs have very low CoGs, making control and braking way better than similar-mass vehicles.

4 Likes

So, trump tells Russia to go after poorer NATO nations.

WTF

1 Like

This fucking guy

2 Likes

So basically, he treats treaties like he does marriage vows…

5 Likes

They’re more what you’d call “guidelines” than actual rules…

4 Likes

… says man famous worldwide for never paying his bills.

9 Likes

Every accusation a confession, as usual.

8 Likes

“Many Trump supporters have the sense that anything is justified, and that’s terrifying,” he says. “Trump is denying every single core democratic norm, and yet his support continues to grow. That too is astonishing and terrifying.”

2 Likes
5 Likes

House unveils new warrantless surveillance bill

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/4463961-house-unveils-warrantless-surveillance-bill/

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

Re-boeing? :smiley:

4 Likes

Here’s another example of the risk in using TikTok for promotion:

2 Likes