This Is Fine

I think you nailed it.

Reminds me of how, immediately after Reagan died, Republicans were rushing to put his name on everything, probably realizing that if they waited until the ‘official’ national mourning period were over, everyone would wake up and realize that he shouldn’t be memorialized at all.

Which of course makes me think of how butt hurt they are over Confederate and Columbus statues being pulled down.

8 Likes

Huh. I could have sworn you’d typed that word differently. Never mind!

3 Likes

I suspect that, but the opposite.

Nothing to poison a person’s memory like using their name to honour people they wouldn’t in life have crossed the road to spit on.

4 Likes

… those “Rambo” movies though :grimacing:

3 Likes

They made more than one?

7 Likes

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

8 Likes

:person_facepalming:

16 Likes
5 Likes

Me at that store, “Hey look, Jenga!”

8 Likes
11 Likes

At least the ceremony has been cancelled, but I expect the awards will stand.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/18/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-award-ceremony-cancelled-elon-musk-rupert-murdoch/index.html

12 Likes
12 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

9 Likes

14 Likes

I would really like to see an investigation into that organization’s finances now. Did Musk, Murdoch, and Milken all donate to that group last year? I cannot imagine how they were selected otherwise. Although…RBG did often come down on the side of big business in many cases involving business and economics, which got a lot less attention than her civil rights work. So maybe it is fitting, in a way. She was very much a true American liberal, not a leftist.

12 Likes

As the Overton window has shifted, I have found myself going from center-left, to liberal, to leftist, and now somewhat left of that. And I don’t really think my own values have changed all that much. :confused:

19 Likes

Anarchist Doc, coming soon to a streaming service near you!!!

anarchy GIF

14 Likes

@FloridaManJefe

Hey man, what the heck is going on over there, your way? Seriously:

?

9 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes