This Is Fine

12 Likes

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess they don’t have a public toilet there.

Anywhere people complain about public urination, defecation, and trash, look around. In all likelihood it’s because there are no public toilets or garbage bins, or the public toilet is locked/overflowing and if there are bins, they are also overflowing.

13 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/28/americas/brazil-indigenous-man-in-the-hole-death-intl-hnk/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/28/americas/brazil-indigenous-man-in-the-hole-death-intl-hnk/index.html

11 Likes

Further asshat-ery…

Police Department Quality of Life Unit

Normal People Drama GIF by CBC

10 Likes

Point of pedantry: they never specified “Good Quality of Life”, and if they did, they didn’t say for whom.

8 Likes

Or maybe it works like fire departments.

12 Likes

That would explain much: heading out into the city to extinguish quality of life.

8 Likes
10 Likes
2 Likes

A city that makes landscape and public area decisions based on its police department recommendations is likely going to end up looking like Geidi Prime in short order.

I’d take that mayor’s approach as a red flag if there ever was one.

Physics: it’s a real thing. Good luck with that.

13 Likes
6 Likes

The Onion? Have they given up on satire and just doing straight news now?

17 Likes

The Onion’s American voices things are always real news with made-up reactions.

12 Likes

Yep.

“Thank god, doing reenactments of the first Civil War was getting a little repetitive.”

:laughing: :sob:

10 Likes

A friend reworded this headline for me:
“Scientists are rushing to undo the damage caused by The Green Revolution and its monoculture, factory-farming devastation of indigenous- and landrace food plants.”

:grimacing:

14 Likes
21 Likes

Profit has no place in healthcare.

21 Likes

You’d probably find the same in hospitals and physician practices bought up by PE. It would just be much harder data to collate and pull conclusions from.

15 Likes

Agreed.

As we have mentioned before about hospitals being bought by hedge funds and private equity and other Greed Community Entities, it is all about the benjamins. I tell my friends and cousins abroad that most Americans’ healthcare plan is “don’t get sick.”

I am a bit uncomfortable endorsing works by Michael Moore, but I admit his Sicko was right on target and his interviews of health industry insiders was creepy AF.

15 Likes

We’ve been seeing this in the UK as well. Private Eye has been reporting on this for ages

8 Likes