This second Ghostbusters trailer looks fantastic

Give Sense8 a second look. It’s slow to get going, but only in the same way that the space shuttle looks like it’s hardly moving at first. It’s a story about interconnected narratives - not just built from, “about” in the sense that every story, every life being connected is it’s core theme - and as such it seems to spend a lot of time simply laying out the pieces. It’s not until everything is place that you realise that in the precise manner in which those pieces were put in place, the story was already being told.

It’s astonishing, and beautiful. It’s easily the most personal story they have ever told, and - paradoxically - also the most universal.

1 Like

Too soon…

hmm, valid points, all. i’ll allow it!

Looks a little bit better than the first one, but the first one sucked pretty hard…

1999 was 13 years too late:

5 Likes

Oh, not this , again.

1 Like

Yeah King Kong Lives tries really hard. It was on regular rotation on TV in the later 80’s I never failed to watch and I regretted it each and every time. My favorite is the sequel to Godzilla vs King Kong, King Kong Escapes… I loved that Robo Kong. There’s also Queen Kong and Yeti both pretty terrible and charming in their own ways.

2 Likes

I will…

4 Likes

Every comment before me is wrong.

Clearly, Walter Peck was the secret sauce of the original.

I just love this, it captures it so perfectly

Apologies for quality, this clip is surprisingly hard to find

1 Like

I once broke MrsTobinL’s brain by asking who is a more wooden actor, Keanu Reeves or Kevin Costner?

3 Likes

Inexplicably, my sisters favourite actor for many years. She was word perfect on Robin Hood. Even repeatedly watched stuff like American Flyers.

To be fair, Costner is the only person who can consistently make good sports movies.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m going with Costner. A friend of my husband ruined him for me: “Look. At. The. Buffalo.” In perfect monotone. I think he was jealous, but every Costner movie I see that’s all I hear, now. I do agree with @daneel about his quality of sports movies.

2 Likes

Ew, girls!

Homonym?

Woah, hold on. The StayPuft Marshmallow MAN?

Couldn’t they find a proper conversion for that, like maybe the “Big Beautiful Black Syrup Woman”? Oooh yeah!

1 Like

Now envisioning a GIANT aunt jamama stomping around new york.

I seriously wish they’d done that for sheer wtf value.

It could have been good: Everyone expecting that white bread Pop’n’Fresh, and then…

1 Like

BEGIN PEDANTRY: Did you mean to say Mrs. Butterworth?

1 Like

I don’t know, I could see a case for Aunt Jemima.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge6j7uUCwQc

Great, now I want pancakes.