Thousands of American kids are getting free university educations in Germany

No, not at all. Do your research.

Democrats and Republicans are radically different in this regard.

The Democratic party does not participate in voter suppression, etc. – As a matter of fact, the Democratic party pushes “Get out the vote” campaigns and is well-documented in fighting Republican voter disenfranchisement, etc.

You should also research district gerrymandering. Republicans do it vastly more than Democrats do in modern times.

If you’ve ever worked with groups that are trying to form third parties (as I have), you’d know that voter suppression methodologies and especially gerrymandering are huge obstacles to forming a foundation for progressive third parties in the first place.

I don’t like the Democratic party (as a whole) and that’s why I want them replaced and/or reformed, but I also don’t think spinning our wheels and falling victim to false equivalence between them and the Republican party is a good strategy for beating them. It has the very opposite effect.

Suggested reading: Sun Tzu - The Art of War

With lots of commentary:

Pretty much just the translated book:
http://www.stanford.edu/class/polisci211z/1.1/Sun%20Tzu.pdf

The Democrats aren’t anyone’s friend but the Democrats.

It makes no difference that they do this for self-serving purposes or not. Either way, it creates a vastly more hospitable climate for future third parties when Democrats win and Republicans lose.

See The Art of War above…

They have no pressure to reform as long as they know they’ll get votes simply because their not the Republicans. Both have conspired to keep it this way.

Please don’t succumb to false equivalency.

There’s a crucial difference. Most Republicans (if not all of them) have conspired to keep the status quo in line (fight reforms). But the truth of the matter that the corporate media won’t tell you is that there are some Democrats who are fighting for reform. You really need to look at their voting records and act accordingly.

I suppose you also think most Democrats voted for the Iraq war? No, another propagated myth derived from corporate media bullshit. Most Democrats voted against it while nearly every single Republican voted for it.

There are critical similarities between the two parties and that’s why I want the Democratic party both reformed and eventually replaced by progressive third parties.

There are also critical differences that shouldn’t be ignored or it will work to help both parties to support the corporatist right.

More on this reality and corresponding strategy.

1 Like