TigerVPN was simple to set up

What is an exit?

Wow, when you actually pay for the service they have a ton of servers! So why are they limiting them to 15 for this “lifetime” subscription, and more importantly why are all but one of those servers in shady locals?

[quote=“tigerVPN.com, post:38, topic:98195”]
sorry we can’t post anything anymore due to restrictions of the messaging board. So here goes the reply to you.
[/quote]You attacked a new user when you yourself are a new user. That’s not cool. I’m not a new user and I’m going to call you out on it the same way I call out anyone who does it.

Restrictions of the messaging board? I don’t think that is quite true. You may be getting notes about the quantity of your posts here in this location but there is nothing stopping you from opening up your own thread.

1 - Nobody said that.
2 - Can users choose only to use those servers or is your system not set up to do that?
3 - Thank you for this interesting fact.

But you seem to be missing the point that the 5 Eyes basically can run rampant with their surveillance where they have jurisdiction. Why not use servers outside their scope of control, say, in Slovakia? Because, and as an American I hate to say this, the NSA doesn’t seem to have a lot of concern about what they look into and I’m not sure that for-profit companies are going to not want to spend money to make money.

Best of luck to you though. At this point you might want to take and nap and have a juice box, I’m not sure you’re helping your case any more.

5 Likes

I’m going back the fuck to bed.

23 Likes

and a laskonky*. I love the stuff!

* I never learned if this is singular or plural. but I’m an expert in eating them when I have a chance.

3 Likes

It’s rainy here and we had a train derail at Penn Station yesterday, I don’t even know why I got out of it to start with.

1 Like

FWIW you can choose your entry node into their network. I have not bothered to see if they are hauling data around a virtual backbone. Here is a screen shot on my phone for the (partial list):

1 Like

Just because you keep going back and editing your post doesn’t mean you didn’t post a screenshot of another user with a red arrow pointing at when they joined calling them a “trolley.”

Changing your tune now when someone calls you out on it isn’t doing you any favors.

1 Like

“Trust us.”

1 Like

I’m hoping they dial it back and focus on helping us understand their $30 5 year vpn offer.

3 Likes

That’s gone? SONOFABEACH!!!

3 Likes

It would be a much better use of their time. If only someone hadn’t added restrictions on new accounts we’d have a lot more posts on this particular subject if you want to imagine that…

Who are we to judge what people should do with their own time. I mean … maybe it was a choice between arguing with new users on BBS and using paper towels to clean up puddles in the parking lot.

2 Likes

For posterity sake: here is the original comment before they removed the image assuming me a troll:

1 Like

But I hate being cleaned in the parking lot!

4 Likes

I’m well aware.

There are folks who, much like the Freedom Caucus, need things to be just so.

Some folks can see that a dirt cheap mostly good VPN with a trolling SMM will likely cover any threat model wherein they may reside.

The latter don’t make new accounts on internet forums to Sea Lawyer the details.

1 Like

@Alan_Krusemark Thx mate. … welcome to BBS. This is a great place for sharing and talking about interests. There’s a big world out there and 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of it has nothing to do with Tiger VPN.

4 Likes

I know, I know. All I’m saying is, be careful guys–think critically and don’t end up with a VPN that you think is protecting you because they said so. Assume the attitude this company has toward the discord on this thread is the same attitude they would have with your data. Shit’s serious yall. These things are cheap for a reason. Pay a cheeseburger a month for nicer people.

5 Likes

Alternatives: https://thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-comparison-chart/

2 Likes

Just to be clear, my post was about a general issue with Stacksocial - which sells a dizzying selection of VPNs - and not just Tiger. Telling us that you can avoid the Stack stuff by buying directly from Tiger doesn’t really address this, and $4/month is quite a lot more expensive than $29/life.

I don’t use my VPN for anything that would trigger an investigation, so don’t really care, but a lot of people use VPNs for doing things like file sharing and whistleblowing, and they might not want any link to the VPN, as you recognize with your Bitcoin option. Stack Social - emphasis on the Social - is a funny venue through which to seek privacy/anonymity.

3 Likes

That depends on how long you live for. It could work out cheaper.

8 Likes