TikTok influencer says she accidentally bought a $100,000 couch and is now tearfully begging her followers to pay for it

Zaphod Beeblebrox sounds like a bit of an influencer

13 Likes

I guess I’m out of touch. She says she was joking, but I don’t get how putting an order for a couch is a joke.
Even if it’s all fake, what’s the funny part?

7 Likes

The “laughing all the way to the bank” bit?

3 Likes

Some beautiful stuff, and it’s usually well documented just in case you want to make a replica…

2 Likes

right?!

I Dont Get It GIF by ABC Network

also as @MoistTroll said, mebbe the uberfancy sofa thingy was a set piece for said OnlyFans thingy?
not judging

6 Likes
4 Likes

I interpreted that line as bank robbery or prostitution.

3 Likes

Nah, she got a better deal at The Pull Out King.

pullOutKing

5 Likes

Um, yeah, lemme see the actual couch you supposedly bought.

3 Likes

I miss following Casey Serin. Those were the pre-influencer days when you could trust that someone portraying themselves as a trainwreck really was that oblivious. Nowadays it’s all robots and people robotically parroting SEO formulas. Successfully too. The Charlie Sheen form of success.

I know that store, there’s a great Vietnamese restaurant next door, Pho King

2 Likes

Hmmm. I’ve seen Televangelists with the same spiel.

What I like about the influencer “pure play” is that they’ve totally cut out the middleman! No need for god anymore, just send me the money! Brilliant optimization!

And now that we’re getting that numerator pumped up, I love that we can simultaneously attack the denominator via NFTs (literally “not a thing” - zero) for literally infinite return.

To Infinity and Beyond!

5 Likes

I know what she can do on the couch on OnlyFans to pay for it. She might want to get a slipcover for it first. Would not want to sully a $100k couch.

2 Likes

Sad but False

Would anybody be surprised if it turned out to be a $300 couch with a bunch of chicken grease-covered documents stuffed under the cushions?

2 Likes

Ffft. You don’t even get the bonus tracks included on a $20 CD reissue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.