TikTok video of rear end collision called into question

If she considers herself to be non-white, she’s the first non-white person I have ever heard that uses three syllables to say “funny.” “Funny-uh.”

Yah, no heroes here, though it does go to show you can’t judge any incident by one edited video clip.

Two horrible people arguing fault in an intentional traffic incident in public on social media is everything that’s wrong with America in a nutshell.

5 Likes

Well, now you have!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to tell for sure from that new video but if there were really two separate collisions that certainly takes away any goodwill I would have towards the Lambo driver.

It’s definitely weird though. The narration in the new video sounds strangely artificial, almost like text-to-speech software. And the random POV footage from the inside of the store is more distracting than anything.

1 Like

That is the standard TikTok text-to-speech voice (well, one of them anyway). I can’t stand it, it’s like nails down a blackboard.

2 Likes

Here’s what happened. She didn’t turn on a yellow light. When the light turned red he pulled left into the oncoming traffic lane and made an illegal left turn during a red light, side swiping her and almost hitting a bicyclist. When he completed the turn he stopped in traffic, probably to access the damage. When the light changed she roared after him, in pursuit of his hit-and-run. Then she hit him. But he was the cause of both accidents.
TikTok
TikTok

2 Likes

The first part of your description makes some sense based on the newly added video, but it’s hard to see how he was the direct cause of the second, more damaging collision. Whether or not he may have deserved it is another question.

Also, how do you figure this was a hit-and-run if he stopped just seconds after the collision? Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?

2 Likes

So maybe, with the new information, she wasn’t mad about his stationary car hitting her, she was mad about his moving vehicle hitting her.

My earlier comment about him doing the right thing may have been premature.

2 Likes

Neither accident would have happened without his initial actions. And it’s dishonest to have presented that without mentioning that he hit her first and her account of events is correct. The videos show far more illegal activities on his part. Of course, we don’t know if she hit him by accident or deliberately.
She says “Don’t you remember when you hit me?”
And he laughingly says, you hit me. He knew full well what she was referring too. Fuck that guy.

3 Likes

She says she is going to sue him. I am getting out the popcorn for her suing boingboing. Hopefully this isn’t BB’s gawker moment.

4 Likes

Those videos she posted are far from conclusive. And ultimately, if she rear-ended him in order to, what? get his attention, then it’s no longer an accident but vehicular assault.

This is not the smart move she seems to think it is.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.