Tillerson may quit soon, frustrated with Trump

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/12/james-mattis-iran-secretary-of-defense-214500

5 Likes

Giuliani is already on retainer for AG.

God forbid the former CEO of Exxon WOULD get to claim to have put in a year as Americas top diplomat

4 Likes

Business is a poor analogy for Goverment.

5 Likes

That makes no sense- just look how successful he’s been as Secretary of
State.

1 Like

I’m not seeing success.

2 Likes

The S.S. Trump has been a TITANIC failure, and now the rats are planning their escape.

2 Likes

He’s apparently come out and said a) he’s not in the consideration, and b) Sessions did the right thing to recuse himself.

The other name for AG that’s floating around now is Ted Cruz.

2 Likes
1 Like

Charles Manson would fit right in.
Let him start, say, as a Secretary without Portfolio1), and then fill any position that becomes vcacant due to the next resignation/firing/arrest/nervous breakdown/suicide.

1) Worked for Göring, didn’t it.

3 Likes

Could that have something to do with securing pension rights / severance pay / being eligible for unemployment aid?
I don’t know how the system works over there.

3 Likes

I think Tillersons sole purpose in taking the job was to negotiate new oil and gas deals with Russia for the benefit of Exxon. Now that Congress is standing up to the Cheeto-in-Chief and passing the bill preventing the sanction rollback, there is no profit in it for Tillerson, so he is quitting.

12 Likes

Is this a paradox or what:

The more an appointee of Trump wants to voluntarily leave, the more they show their (relative) quality, the more apprehensive we should be of their replacement. [Eg, Tillerson, McMaster.]

[Exception: Sean Spicer. But he didn’t want to leave, he was forced out.]

You may think Tillerson is bad, but there are a 100 “Gorkas” waiting to take his place. (And if you don’t know who Sebastian L. v. Gorka is, you really need to find out who is he and what his “v” stands for.)

3 Likes

Your standards are way too low.

Tillerson is a screamingly corrupt corporate looter who has gutted the State Department, crippled the USA’s diplomatic capabilities and allowed the executive to completely take over foreign affairs.

As for McMaster:

5 Likes

New AG. Charlie’s got experience with law enforcement and the criminal justice system, after all.

3 Likes

What I don’t get is how anyone, regardless of policy preferences, can think working for Trump is a good idea. He’s POTUS so obviously I’m missing something. There are so many things going way back that would preclude me working for him or any of his companies, I really don’t get it.

1 Like

I would love Ted Cruz to end his career on a historic low note.

7 Likes

I suspect he will, no matter what.

5 Likes

Oh gods above and below. Please no. Though that would get him out of my state.

3 Likes

Of course he’s going to leave, he’s failed at the only reason he took the position for in the first place, removing the sanctions that are preveinting Exxon from signing a 50 billion dollar contract with Russia. When he leaves, he’ll go right back to Exxon, and probably have better luck lobbying for what he wants, anyway.

3 Likes