Today in transphobia (Part 1)

And of course, something like 15%? of trans women have had gender confirmation surgery. Many more would care to; but cost and lack of coverage are barriers.

I feel quite certain some people like Rowling would still say that these women can rape other women- but can’t be raped. Because terfshites really are eliminationists and have a frisson of pleasure from our pain.

15 Likes

Humor Boomer GIF

14 Likes

I can’t even right now.

Rape has nothing to do with gender constructs and everything to do with abuse and power.

Additionally, trans-folks are far more likely to be victims of sexual assault…

16 Likes

… Requiring teenage girls to submit to “gender tests” because someone accuses them of being secretly boys is protecting them from sexual assault.

16 Likes

Yep. And all the cis women who aren’t feminine enough who get hassled in the bathroom are acceptable collateral damage in the fight to keep trans women from maybe peeing in the room with the little person in a dress on the door.

13 Likes

One more: I’m really curious about how Rowling’s proposed test for gender works:

• Rape a woman using your penis - you are a man
  • Get raped by a man who puts his penis in your vagina - jury’s out on whether you are a woman, better check your testosterone levels or something.

I’m not sure we want to start using who raped who as our definition of gender. Thankfully a significant portion of our society has never been raped and has not raped anyone. It does seem to align with the anti-trans agenda to change that, I guess.

12 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

9 Likes
12 Likes

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

11 Likes

from

16 Likes
15 Likes

Real Housewives GIF

13 Likes

Holy fucking hell. I personally know a kid who was left in the care of his mother even after she was pulled over drunk driving with him unsecured in the car (age 4), went to prison for 9 months for larceny (I think he was 6 or 7 by then), was involved in multiple drug cases, left him to forage for money to buy himself (age 11) and his sister (age 7) Taco Bell for Christmas because she was passed out in the apartment lobby and had left them with no food, and this is not even the full highlights reel.
But, yeah, I guess taking kids away from supportive parents who dare let their kids live authentically is a higher priority then keeping kids safe.
:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

15 Likes

Well, their immortal souls are at stake… which matters much more than them being alive, safe, and happy… /s

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

13 Likes

Case in point

“ Williams has undergone extensive gender-affirmation surgery, yet that didn’t stop county officials from housing her with a male predator, according to court records.

Williams shared a cell with Eleam from Oct. 1 – 4, 2015, despite her protests. Eleam, 38, is a lifetime registrant sex offender under Megan’s Law, according to court records.

“At all relevant times, Eleam was a known predator to [Allegheny County] corrections staff,” according to a court filing. “Ms. Williams was thus placed into the cell with Eleam where she was housed for at least 23 hours per day with a convicted male sex offender.”

Williams sought assistance from jail staff but was ignored. Local law-enforcement officials declined to investigate her rape allegations. Finally, about 6:10 p.m. on Oct. 4, 2015, Eleam was removed from Williams’ cell and transferred to a different cell. No reason was provided for his sudden transfer, according to court records.

Video-surveillance footage that might have captured the alleged rape and sexual assaults by Eleam was destroyed, according to court records.”

15 Likes

Knowing a couple corrections officers, I’m 90% sure she was in that cell on purpose, because they’re all cruel inhuman monsters. I don’t think you can do that job without being a sadistic POS.

15 Likes

“Transgender people were three times more likely than cisgender people to face food insufficiency during the pandemic.

Transgender people of color and those living below the FPL were particularly affected by food insufficiency.

Transgender people were almost twice as likely as cisgender people to face barriers accessing food beyond affordability.“

12 Likes

Sometimes I just want to curl in a ball and cry. Or hit someone. Some very particular someones. I was surprised Texas is home to the second-largest population of transgender people in the U.S. I wonder if it’s a matter of how huge Texas is? Certainly not bc of the support and acceptance.

14 Likes

They have a large % by pop & a large population. Surprising some of the states with large % populations. Part of this is due to having some large, accepting Cities that draw from regional populations. Lots of people from several nearby states move to say Austin & Atlanta etc.

15 Likes

A quick google says Texas is the second largest state by population, so that makes perfect sense if us transes are a fixed proportion of the general population. But yeah, if I was in Texas I’d be looking for the first opportunity to GTFO.

10 Likes