Today in transphobia (Part 1)

“Can”? Almost certainly.

“Will” is another question entirely. Burning this place down isn’t just to stop them doing it, it’s also pour encourager les autres.

8 Likes

It says Eastern Tenn. which may be correct.

List of providers:

Though the Tenn gov signed a bill outlawing trans healthcare for minors over the summer, so the pediatric clinics are probably closed now.

It’s always possible people can use the Tele health option- and there may be private practice Dr’s who will see people discreetly- like in the bad old days. But few providers hang up a shingle in solo practice anymore. If any do.

And - like I did decades ago- there’s black market hrt and buying from other countries. So, we’re back to that shit that we worked decades to get out of again.

13 Likes
17 Likes
11 Likes
15 Likes

Real You Act

That shit is Orwellian.

15 Likes

Free to be, Me and whoever I tell you to be.

14 Likes

https://uk.bookshop.org/books/trans-britain-our-journey-from-the-shadows/9781783528448

Try this!

Trans Britain: Our Journey from the Shadows gets into the history of the British trans community, media portrayal, activism and all the politics leading to the Gender Recognition Act 2004 (and beyond). I’m about half way through it and it has excellent contributions from various activists, politicians, musicians etc.

10 Likes

If Miami can’t be pressured to not go trough with this, then activists will have to put pressure on Reedy Creek or they’ll face a very steep cost in loss of tourism there and throughout the rest of that state. It’s put up or shut up time for the house of Mouse after years of barely half assed support.

14 Likes

Crossposted from UK Political Thread, part the second

So the Scottish Green Party need to do this again. It’s a shame they don’t have any MPs in the House of Commons.

When William Morris suggested turning the Houses of Parliament into a manure warehouse I don’t think filling them with prejudiced shits is what he had in mind.

15 Likes

So the whole new bringing in Gingrich by the R’s to draft a new “contract on America” thing is going to culture war parents rights - demonizing trans kids biggly. And his greatest hits in abortion and race. But beating up on trans people will be leading the propaganda push out of the box.

12 Likes

“ Chris Mosier, a duathlete and trans rights activist, argues that the trans sports bans aren’t actually about sports, at their core.

“It’s about banning trans people and limiting our access to our everyday activities,” he says. “It’s about erasing trans people from public view.”

16 Likes

Does that really need to be explained? How is that not as plain as day to everyone?

13 Likes

Because some people have had the privilege of never having had to think about it.

11 Likes

The only person to agree with the Labour TERs was from the AfD

14 Likes

[Labour: Are we the baddies gif]

8 Likes

Yes. I’m aware.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Another damn remake. This time, it’s The Bigots of Madison County.

9 Likes
11 Likes