Today's mass shootings

Angry Mad GIF

8 Likes

Police recovered several firearms throughout the night. One belonged to a victim, but officers did not find the suspect’s gun.

Contee said the police department would look into whether “legal action” should be taken against the organizers of the unpermitted event.

ah yes. remember: you must have a permit registered with and approved by the police to gather together in public. guns don’t kill people, parties do

:confused:

13 Likes

It just keeps getting worse
Somehow the Texas Tribune got a look at surveillance video. No evidence anyone even tried to open the doors. They could have been unlocked

16 Likes
15 Likes

Nope. Not gonna like. Just gonna scream till my throat bleeds

10 Likes

I used to think it was paranoid to believe some of those kids were killed by the cops

Now it’s just the next lie on the list, everybody start guessing what day it will come out

13 Likes

At this point whether they pulled the trigger or not those cops killed all those people

15 Likes
10 Likes

I admit I am avoiding crowds wherever possible.
It’s hot here and lots of people are on edge even more that usual.

It doesn’t help matters that people who thought police are here for our protection are beginning to see that…

… yeah, they are not being served very well.

(Yes yes in spite of various threads on this bbs showing that in fact police are not legally or elsewise required to protect members of the public.)

10 Likes

Stay safe… :frowning_face:

10 Likes

I haven’t noticed that. But I have also avoided crowds except the Pride street fair. Everyone was chill there. Well, hot and sweaty but emotionally chill

I hate summer.

9 Likes

Maybe it’s just my section of central Texas (Hays County, which is not really “Austin” culturally, even if geographically it’s close-ish).

I am beginning to. I did not used to. It’s just that these summers back-to-back triple digit daily high temperatures are different than how it used to be…

These “Warming Stripes” show how the average annual temperature for Earth as a whole has compared to the long-term average. Each color bar represents one year ranging from 1851 to 2021. Deeper blue colors represent years that were significantly cooler than the long-term average. Deeper red colors represent years that were significantly warmer than the long-term average.

Oh.

12 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

( last weekend, not right now )

11 Likes

( this morning, today )

9 Likes

He killed a puppers!! Bastard!!

9 Likes

Powerful piece, written in response to the Tops grocery store and Uvalde mass shootings:

10 Likes
11 Likes