Today's mass shootings

Something something “good guy with a gun”

9 Likes

Or not.

9 Likes

A suspect, whose identity was not released because they are a juvenile, was arrested Monday, police said.
[…]
“What we saw this morning was a different kind of evil,” Police Chief Randal Taylor told reporters Sunday afternoon.

No, it isn’t.

It’s exactly the same kind of evil we keep seeing in this country because we insist on seeing gun ownership as a right instead of as a public health crisis.

It’s exactly the same kind of evil we keep seeing in this country because there are 5 guns for every adult in the United States.

It’s exactly the same kind of evil we keep seeing in this country because we mythologize violence as a tool for solving problems and denigrate the critical thinking skills which actually help people resolve conflicts.

It’s exactly the same kind of evil we keep seeing in this country because people like Chief Taylor insist it’s not the same kind of evil we keep seeing in this country.

24 Likes

( i know this is besides the point, but they’re saying six people dead because one of the five people shot was pregnant. this is going to be one of those cases which pushes on abortion rights i can just see it. :confused: )

12 Likes

The Grand Ol’ Party,- never missing an opportunity to miss the point since 1940.

13 Likes

And more: they were all quite dead, no question, when they were found, but only the body of the pregnant woman was brought to the closest hospital, because apparently police and EMT don’t understand how pregnancy works. It’s not a person trapped inside, it’s a parasite that can’t live if the host is no longer alive.

18 Likes
11 Likes

Minnesota mass shooting at a clinic.

9 Likes

fuuuuuuck…

10 Likes

Back to normal, I guess?

7 shot in Philadelphia, 1 person in custody: Police - ABC News (go.com)

(unrelated, but “responsible gun owner” again:
Mom of 5 ‘inadvertently’ shot dead after kids find gun in her purse: Police - ABC News (go.com))

10 Likes
7 Likes

That is an odd place for a party: light industry, no homes. That’s a road to drive solely to get where you need to go.

Party took place at a towing company/auto repair shop/bar.

Yeah, very odd.

6 Likes

a place where nobody lives is a place where nobody calls the cops.

music as loud as it can go. drugs, drinking, all ages. ( and currently, im sure: nobody to tell you to wear a mask )

warehouse parties are the best. ( granted never heard of a tow truck party. but im sure you make do with what youve got. )

not speaking from experience mind you. i was a very responsible teen and twenty something. ahem.

16 Likes

Well, at least we are starting to see a return to normalcy, right? (fuuuuck)

7 Likes

I dont believe the Chicago area overall murder rate dropped at all during COVID.

4 Likes

Some asshole just murdered a bunch of women at three different Atlanta-area massage parlors. The headline for the Fox news story says “Georgia Massage Parlors turn into War Zones” which is a bullshit way to describe a mass murder. In a war zone typically people are shooting back at you. This was straight-up slaughter, likely committed by another incel who was furious that he had to pay women to touch him, or possibly just a straight-up racist who hated Asian women, or both.

14 Likes

Wow.

Not that I’m judging these businesses, but I know them from my time in Atlanta. (Okay, one of them. Not the other two, but friends say they all three offer … some interesting services.) But given how this guy looks, and the fact that he went after a very particular set of businesses, this sounds a LOT like an incel like you said who got banned after being extra shitty to the workers.

(And no, I have nothing but love for sex workers. I’m a furry for goodness sake. These people need more protection from idiots like scrotum beard man. And to quote George Carlin: “Selling’s legal. Fucking’s legal. Why isn’t selling fucking legal?”)

1 Like

That or part of the anti-asian hate crime wave that’s been happening. As Otherbrother points out both seem like good hypotheses at this point.

I wonder if these businesses were using and/or requiring masks.

1 Like

I’m going with this as the most likely motive. Hate crimes against Asians in America have been spiking like crazy thanks in no small part to Trump’s ongoing hate speech against Asians, further amplified by the COVID crisis.

11 Likes

discovery-ash-looks-up

9 Likes