Tonight's U.S. presidential debate: Biden v Trump

Biden fumbling.
Yikes.

10 Likes

What the hell is up with Biden’s voice. He’s too soft spoken.

7 Likes

T now claiming immigrants will destroy Social Security and Medicare.
“It’s a shame.”
Claiming other countries “think we’re stupid.”

8 Likes

Not even 15 minutes in and Joe getting his ass remed in. Don is doing an happy dance in his head seeing those fumbles

(Watching the debate on CNN’s YouTube channel)

5 Likes

Abortion q:
Would T block abortion pill?
Claiming he put 3 “great supreme court justices” on the bench… here comes “states rights” “making their own decisions.” “I believe the exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother.” “They are radical, they will take the life of the child even after birth.”

W
T
A
F

ETA:
Biden responds.
WTAF. What is happening with this guy’s response? It’s not organized and minimally coherent.

T: immigrants “raping and killing our women”

10 Likes

Remember that tv debate between Kennedy and Nixon with Nixon’s sweat pouring down his face and John looking like a Hollywood star?

The contrast is ten times worse tonight :pensive:

Kamala needs to have the coming to Jesus talk with him if he can’t bounce back from tonight

6 Likes

one guy lies his head off, the other guy is incomprehensible. we are so screwed.

8 Likes

Yeah, I have always found everything about Trump’s presence on television revolting but he loves being there and his fans equate his cocky bloviations with competence. I am listening from the next room and it’s clear which candidate’s voice is dominating the room.

People who support Biden support him because of his policies, his track record and his compassion, not because of his stage presence.

The televised debate format gives Trumpers everything they like to see and Biden supporters very little to excite them.

Damn.

14 Likes

Abortion followup.
B “I support Roe v Wade.”
“If I am elected I will restore Roe v Wade.”
“For 51 years, it was the law.”

T: Roe = “kill babies even after birth” “you can do whatever you want”

10 Likes

Just after saying he supported Roe v. Wade did he just say that the 3rd trimester is “between the mother and the state?” We’ll have to check the transcript later but I think it was something like that. Oh my, this isn’t going great.

7 Likes

That’s one hell of a brutal comeback calling him incoherent

2 Likes

Y’all are making me not want to go watch this. Fuck.

9 Likes

Q re U.S. border:

Biden “Border Patrol endorsed me” and he’s citing the babies in cages stuff from T’s administration

Trump “we had the safest border in history” “they’re pouring in” and he’s claiming border patrol endorsed him for president

Biden: “simply not true that ‘they’re emptying their prisons’”

Trump: “we killed el Bagdadi and Suleymani” “we’re living in a rat’s nest” “we don’t have borders any more” “people are coming and killing our citizens at a level we’ve never seen before” citing his talk w a murder victim’s mother

Deportation and spouses/long-time residents question has been derailed

Now T is talking about the VA?

ETA:
Biden: “everything he said is a lie” “more veterans covered now”
“my son is not a loser is not a sucker”
“a four-star general said you said it” (called the war dead “suckers and losers”)

T: “that is a made-up quote” “there’s nobody taken better care of our soldiers than our admin” now derailed to deny Russia and now it’s about Hunter’s laptop

8 Likes

Trump is spewing a firehose of outright lies and garbage but he’s spewing with confidence. Joe is struggling to counter those lies in real time and it’s not going well.

13 Likes

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/06/27/biden-trump-first-presidential-debate/afghanistan-00165578

1 Like

Trump lying confidently, vociferously, and endlessly. Wow.

14 Likes

And Biden rambling incoherently. Wow.

9 Likes

Joe’s getting angry at times, as he damn well should at some of the shit Tromp is slinging, but it’s not coming across as well as Tromp’s louder and relatively more coherent lies and insults. :weary:

12 Likes

Biden seems to be getting to grips now.
Stay mad, Joe! Git him!

T: “Iran was broke” “that’s why you had no terror under my administration”

B: “never heard so much malarkey in all my life”

13 Likes

I’m out.

I’m switching to the Eight Is Enough channel and the Columbo channel.

9 Likes