Toxic Masculinity: Dude, where are my emotions?

angry oh no GIF

20 Likes

Jane Curtain:

• Weekend Update Anchor : Earlier this October, Congress extended the period for ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. Yet, since then not one additional state legislature has ratified this most basic affirmation of human rights. It is time we women took action. As a spokesperson for Weekend Update, I am therefore calling on the women of America to place a moratorium on the act of performing oral sex on any male until the ERA is the law.
14 Likes

Not sure what “cuckolding the spirit” might mean, and I’d like to know where the “thousand year prohibition” came from and whether it has expired yet.

It’s a scary tightrope that MAGA men must walk, between pussy eating making one a lesbian and washing one’s ass turning one gay, but one more reason for women not to date them (in addition to all the others) is a promising step.

17 Likes

I watched an FD signifier video the other day about conservatives and sex. I got the impression that for a lot of these guys they really don’t like women or sex. It seemed like sex is something you do to a person rather than with. Most of them espoused absolutely no interest in their partner’s pleasure and then declared sex boring! It was eye opening cause most of my own hangups were caused by worrying my partner wouldn’t have a good time with me and I assumed naively that other men were similar.

10 Likes

21 Likes

I’m beginning to suspect that the reason RWNJs have trouble getting dates may be multi-factorial…

14 Likes

Anyone who actually thinks sex is “boring” is clearly doing it wrong, IMO.

20 Likes

Like money for billionaires, women for these guys are just a way of keeping score. They are taught that the one with the most notches on the bedpost wins. This of course is the worst way to get satisfying sex.

I blame Hollywood. The “action” movies marketed at cis males feature male heroes who ironically get very little action. The rom-coms that these males wouldn’t be caught dead watching end with two people finding that they actually like spending time together (and getting lots of sex).

Tell me you’re a leftist without telling me you’re a leftist. :laughing:

11 Likes

12 Likes

Damn, they’re real!!

19 Likes

That one is extra obnoxious because it’s not even like white history month, where it just would have no point. International Men’s Day is a real day in November that they plainly don’t bother noticing.

16 Likes

20 seconds on Google Trends shows a spike in searches for International Men’s Day every International Women’s Day, and a smaller spike on the Men’s day itself.

18 Likes

Never before have I seen such a large circumcised penis.

10 Likes

I Hate It Trash GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

14 Likes

Sorry, but I wasn’t gonna be the sole person with that image in my poor little noggin.

9 Likes

I really prefer my interpretation. You can keep yours to yourself!

9 Likes

Angry John Cleese GIF by Monty Python

12 Likes

And @docosc:

I feel attacked.

gasp GIF

:sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I’m sure they didn’t mean to. They were probably a bit shaken by the qualifier "circumcised ".

8 Likes

I’m sure they’d’ve preferred “tumescent.”

10 Likes