Toxic Q-Anon Congressperson Marjorie Taylor Green insisting reps Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib retake oaths on the Christian bible

This glorious own was back in 2017. Greene seems fully aware that she doesn’t have her facts lined up, but that doesn’t stop people who reject facts, and that is why there is no point in debating them.

11 Likes

She’s threatened the lives of fellow members of Congress both directly and in public rhetoric. Usually threatening to kill your co-workers gets you fired from a job.

17 Likes

Blockquote I never understood the “swearing in” thing. Just say “yeah, I’ll do my job”.

That would be better than a book that allows prayer to forgive… uh, “mistakes.”

2 Likes

Good choice! I think I might use Pope Francis’ Encyclical on the Environment and Human Ecology

6 Likes

Um… “yes”? It’s a tough call.

Just as a reminder, Article VI of the US Constitution literally says “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.”

7 Likes

17 Likes

“…I don’t think.”
The above statement is perhaps the only truthful words she has uttered.

3 Likes

To do what, though? IIRC, they’d need a 2/3 vote to expell her. The most they can likely hope for is censure, which she’d wear as a badge of honor.

Actual criminal charges resulting in her arrest seems to be the only way to actually rid ourselves of her.

5 Likes

I’m sure her healthy hate-free meditative lifestyle that she no doubt lives means she’s with us for the duration. Eat your greens kids.

8 Likes

This should be carved in stone or something else appropriately significant.

1 Like

…Seems to me that if I ever got elected to anything… dog catcher, the rat shooter out at the county landfill … I’d just as soon swear my oath on something that really matters to me. A copy of the Constitution of the United States of America would suit me just fine… you know, that old parchment which clearly states there shall not be a religious test to hold office.
…Call me old fashioned, Ms. Greene. Do not dare push or try to impose your own “religious” aspects on anyone in this entire country, especially those more senior members in the House than you, since that strict Separation Clause prohibits crossing over that strict wall.
…Representative Greene needs a very rude awakening about many things. QAnon bible study bullshit ain’t gonna fly in our Earth’s orbit being the first thing.

8 Likes

Calling attention to Sarah Palin’s idiocy didn’t end her career as a pundit but it sure didn’t help McCain’s campaign either.

12 Likes

Virginia’s 3rd District Representative Bobby Scott probably would have no loss of sleep over Greene losing her newly appointed Education Committee seat, which I believe he now Chairs. Can you even imagine having a school massacre denier serving on the House Education Committee? Especially one that has actually been acting in a threatening manner to some of victims of the Parkland incident. Not just weird, QANON WEIRD… strong text

10 Likes

I think it is apparent that she is incapable of shame. Unfortunately, I think the same is probably true of anyone who still voluntarily sides with the racist, authoritarian, misogynistic, delusional shit show now known as the Republican Party.

15 Likes

tumblr_adb9960324a60beee5a606d5e5ed0536_8395d7a9_640

22 Likes

It’s incredibly sad that we have to specify which QAnon congressperson we’re talking about here.

Green and Boebert should never sit on any committee and Democrats should put whatever stupid nonsense they say on full blast until the GOP does something about it. It worked on Steve King and it’ll work here too.

7 Likes

She’s not 45. She doesn’t enjoy the protection he does, in that a solid half of other reps’ constituencies will go after them if they shun her. And there is probably a fair amount of GOP reps who either see her as a direct danger to their wellbeing or see her as competition for the (shriveled) hearts and (pickled) minds of the Q-voters.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have the votes, especially if it can be done in a non-roll-call vote. If they can expel her without putting their names on it, they might get a 7/8s vote.

11 Likes

Everytime I see the letters MTG, I think “Magic The Gathering”

But your statement still makes sense :smiley:

7 Likes

We must avoid religious(sharia) law by imposing religious law…riiiight.

8 Likes