Toxic Q-Anon Congressperson Marjorie Taylor Green insisting reps Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib retake oaths on the Christian bible

Treaty of Tripoli, 1796

15 Likes

I hope you’re right!

3 Likes

This woman is a Troll.
Nothing more.

2 Likes

But their religious laws are wrong, and we must impose our “not at all similar even though they come from the same holy books” religious laws.

2 months later

We have declared that the Quakers are heretics because they are too liberal and say that we shouldn’t go to war against nonbelievers and other heretics.

16 Likes

No potato, but I never travel without my towel.

6 Likes

Michele Bachmann didn’t manage to ride the Trump wave. So this gives me hope that this won’t come to pass.

6 Likes

Furthermore, what would be the point? The thing you swear on should mean something to you. Swearing on some random stack of pages that someone else cares about doesn’t really compel anything from the swearer.

3 Likes

Wrong. She’s also a congressperson. That’s where all the statements of just ignore her, she’ll go away fall flat…when has that ever happened with harmful government officials?

14 Likes

A lot more than just a tr0ll. As an elected official she has real power to influence or guide national policy, especially in her position on the education committee. She also has access to a larger megaphone than if she was just ranting on the internet. She gets to take advantage of the government mail to amplify her message into the public’s homes. She has the potential to do real lasting damage. And she’s getting paid.

13 Likes

This, but 100 times worse.

27 Likes

Stone Mountain is in GA. She would be an appropriate addition.

Bachman did not the possess the joyful venom of MTG. That and Greene’s demands to share her pathological stupidity make her unique.

3 Likes

Psst - It is “Greene” with an e on the end. Your headline and intro both spell it wrong.

2 Likes

I wonder how many times I’ll end up saying this this year:

Always a joy for people like this to remind us that they’ve never actually read the constitution, and/or cared what it said.

Also, I’ll never be elected to Congress, but if I were, I’d want to swear on the Principia Discordia. Or maybe the Principia Mathematica (Newton’s or Russell’s). Really, any book I know of with “Principia” in the name would be fine. So help me Eris.

7 Likes

Pra “BOB”! Ayaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiai!

3 Likes

Me, I’m guessing that she thinks “no religious test,” is a ban on pop-quizes.

8 Likes

I’ve always wanted to affirm on Jefferson Bible. To make the point that there has been a thread of Atheism (or at least a skeptical agnosticism) in the US since the founding of the republic.

5 Likes

Now THIS is a kran

1 Like

No. She wouldn’t… And many of us would like to get rid of the racist there NOW.

10 Likes

I just asked my kid…those are called kronz.

2 Likes