Trailer for "Lords of Chaos," the horror-thriller about Norwegian black metal and murder

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/18/trailer-for-lords-of-chaos.html

2 Likes

Is this supposed to look terrible because one of the guiding ethos of Norwegian black metal was that it needed to sound as raw and horrendous as possible? If not, ugh. If so… ugh.

Obligatory made up meme from IT Crowd.

Anyway… it’s in English instead of Norwegian? Hm.

18 Likes

6 Likes

Came here for this plz n thx!

2 Likes

Hvis du vil bryte inn i det internasjonale markedet, må du gjøre det på engelsk.

ETA:
That meme is accurate. Varg “Count Grishnackh” Vikernes was in the band Burzum.

2 Likes

You forgot “cannibalism”…

5 Likes

Is it cannibalism if you’re just trying to consume their soul and become, er, more metal?

4 Likes

c1dbcacba53451150bf4c4d2c6661173

4 Likes

There are other reasons for cannibalism?

2 Likes

Jeez; it is such a shame that those lads never developed a sense of their own ridiculousness.

2 Likes

What this thread needs is really one of those adorable videos of the black metal guys romping in the snow!

6 Likes

Yes… I know…

3 Likes

Then why “made up”?

I’m going to guess they were marked as statistical outliers…

2 Likes

OH! I see the confusion here… the quote is not from the show, I meant. In the show she says nerdy computer stuff and then two things and then Moss says it’s the same thing! I meant the quote was made up, not Varg.

7 Likes

black-metal-snow

10 Likes

In the band? He is the band.

Whenever I think of Varg and Black Metal, I always have the same reaction as the guy that introduced me to the music had. “You start listening to this, and you think ‘Hey, this is pretty cool, what else is there?’ And so you start googling around, going on Wikipedia and stuff, and then you find out that they’re burning down thousand year old churches, killing each other, and dabbling in neonaziism, and then you’re like ‘Oh fuck this!’, but then music is pretty cool, and you can’t understand it, and it’s lots of instrumentals, which are really technically interesting. Just don’t go burning down churches or killing cats with push mowers.”

6 Likes

Since when did full endorsement equal dabbling!

He’s sort of a compelling musical figure, but a rather terrible human being and sometimes that’s all that can be said, I guess.

4 Likes

To put it mildly…

but also

4 Likes