Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

15 Likes

Minor spoiler: while Vanya still identifies as female in season 2 she does reveal herself to be LGBTQ.

7 Likes

Itā€™s a rare opportunity to show a character going through transition believably.

9 Likes

Cross-posting from the Covid-19 Isolation Activities thread for visibilityā€¦

Thereā€™s a 48-hour charity stream on Twitch right now which is shaping up to be pretty awesome. Sondsol is doing a fundraiser stream for the TransLifeline, and many notable leftist streamers are joining in to play games and raise money. The Serfs are supposed to be on at some point (not sure when), thereā€™s going to be some Among Us play at some point, but the main focus is trans issues and solidarity.

Check it out:

https://www.twitch.tv/sondsol

7 Likes

Fundraiser update: At approximately 12:30 AM EST, the fundraiser for TransLifeline smashed their $5000 goal! :champagne::confetti_ball::tada: In celebration, many of the streamers involved have changed into cat maid costumes.

Itā€™s not too late to check in-- the stream will continue until 10 AM EST.

Edit, because Discourse wonā€™t let me add another consecutive reply:

I donā€™t have the exact totals right now; I was dozing when the stream ended, but I do remember it was over $7500, and since the money was collected through Tips, TransLifeline gets the full amount.

@hasanabi did a raid at the end of his stream (thatā€™s when a streamer sends their followers into another creatorā€™s audience), so it added over a thousand watchers, who helped smash the original $5000 goal. But Chelsea Manning was watching Hasan, and she wound up joining the party via Discord, chatting with the streamers and playing games. If you want to see that, the VOD (video on demand) should be up for the next few days at least. (If you go to TransLifeline Charity Stream! - Get to 5k for a catboy maid party! , her appearance begins 2 hours and 36 minutes in.)

10 Likes
11 Likes

Iā€™m in the middle of watching this interview and it occurred to me it might be of interest here.

Jessie also has several earlier videos on the introduction of Grey and Adira to Discovery. I generally like her channel.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been seeing her videos coming up on youtubeā€¦ I was wondering if sheā€™s worth watching! Iā€™ll check her out now, for sure!

Just not that video, cause possible spoilers!

Also, listening to this right now:

I love Eddie Izzard.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Awesome!

But oh god, the fucking repliesā€¦ scum of the earth with no self-esteem and nothing better to do with their time than be insulting assholes on the internets. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

How odd that I read someone said almost your exact response on Twitter, huh?

People like football.
She plays football.
ā€œNot like that!!ā€

:woman_facepalming:t3:

Idiots.

10 Likes

Pretty much. And do they think they are remotely clever or original in their bigotry?

7 Likes

I really donā€™t know.
To badly paraphrase Pratchett, I believe the pile-ons of hate are all the louder because it isnā€™t happening to them.

But this is the POSITIVE thread, so,

10 Likes

Yes! This is awesome newsā€¦ and haters gonna hate, soā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna put this here and in the transphobia thread:

10 Likes

Well. I have learned that I have a daughterā€“not the sex she was assigned at birth. I am so proud of her for telling us. It will be a journey. We will ride together.

18 Likes

Good on you for being supportive.

14 Likes

Support is everything. Well done you, and wish her the best from me.

11 Likes
9 Likes

Good job, NJ!

11 Likes