Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

17 Likes

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

15 Likes

Animated GIF

Nice to have a little victory here…

15 Likes

It really is. Felt good to be able to post something in this topic again.

14 Likes

And this is why the reactionaries hate the Census.

It can’t be an invading horde and non-existent at the same time if you can measure it.

14 Likes

14 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/apr/29/doctor-who-redacted-transgender-podcast

11 Likes

I picked up one of these recently. Especially for when I go on walks. It’s gotten so dangerous out there. It’s making me reconsider that cross country trip I wanted to do. Restrooms and showers in campgrounds aren’t feeling so safe.

11 Likes

Just in case.

The only thing you’re supposed to pack “just in case” for travel is spare underwear, dammit

:rage:/:disappointed_relieved:

12 Likes

I couldn’t resist.

11 Likes

That feeling when you nervously enter the lgbtq friendly salon for your first feminine haircut and you have sit and wait while your stylist finishes with another client…

Nervous Winter Olympics GIF by Team USA

Then she sits you down at a station with a they/them sign, refers to you as she when talking with other people and while talking about your respective plans for the evening mentions she’s going to be providing support for her newly out non-binary roommate…

Relaxed Chill GIF

Finally when she asks if you want your eyebrows done and you sadly reply it’s out of your budget right now and her response is “do you want them done anyway “ and then talks about how she likes to make people happy, how everyone deserves that, but we unfortunately live in a capitalist hell scape — then finishes your brows and hair and everyone there compliments the way it turned out.

Field of Dreams baseball GIF

19 Likes

That stylist sounds like a treasure! I’m happy you could have such a nice experience

Trans Day Of Visibility Gay GIF

14 Likes

Thanks and yeah she is. Everyone there was great. The place is lgbtq owned, but I had no idea going in how affirming the whole experience would be.

14 Likes

Random anecdote. Watching TV, as in one of the broadcast channels, not something streamed or cable or anything like that. (9 Go for the Australians).

They showed an promo for the movie Whip it.

The ad credited Elliot Page, under that name.

Sometimes you notice the little things.

15 Likes

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

This makes me happy :hugs:

14 Likes

Welcome to Dear Cisters, the column that’s more like Dear Abby than the Savage Lovecast. I’m your host Stephenie Magister, transgender writer/nerd/editor for award-winning and best-selling books.

Today, I just want to offer a big hug to everyone suffering with dysphoria. Here are seven great reads to quiet that feeling of wrongness and awaken the parts you’ve always known to be true.

6 Likes

Found these on reddit – the premise is what if cis people were talked about the way trans people are.

12 Likes

Thread

16 Likes

11-doctor-happy-crying

10 Likes

16 Likes