Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

I mean, true… but that doesn’t mean it can’t all go to shit (not that you need to be told that, of course). But I think that people who aren’t trans or non-binary can easily get complacent about these things, reading a comment like that… “the good guys are winning, so we don’t need to panic over the laws being passed in some states”… but that’s very much the time to hold the line…

Again, not trying to cis-splain to you about this stuff, just want to point that out to others!

11 Likes

This is so true, and important to keep in mind, but it’s also the most dangerous time for those being fought over.

Just like the most dangerous time for a battered spouse is when they’re trying to leave the relationship. Getting to the point of standing up for oneself is a good thing. Getting away from the manipulation and violence is a good thing. But it’s also incredibly dangerous during that process.

13 Likes

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes

10 Likes

That’s a lot of people!

16 Likes

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

10 Likes

Way to go, North Dakota!

The vote tally came to 39 senators against the bill and eight in favor.

13 Likes

54%>51.89%

8 Likes

Right now I just need to find any ray of sunshine because I can’t take any more of this anti-trans shit.

17 Likes

Pig Hug GIF

I know… I’m sorry…

15 Likes

Right there with you. It’s freaking exhausting. Glad I came out before the current wave of hate, because I might not have now… and still trying to be that guy would be horrible beyond measure.

15 Likes

I feel the same, though it’s unlikely I would have been strong enough to play that role much longer than I did.

16 Likes

Oh definitely. I was at a breaking point, which is why I came out when I did, but everything seemed so much less scary in May 2021 which definitely helped with my decision. I created a new Twitter account in August and by the start of 2022, the mood on there had shifted from kinda fun and celebratory to subdued and anxious, and by the end of the year I had to leave altogether due to the hate. It’s fucking scary how quickly the landscape for trans people shifted to one of anxiety and fear.

13 Likes

21 Likes
14 Likes
12 Likes

Damn; Laith Ashley is hella fine.

10 Likes

Would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers, that’s for sure!

9 Likes

It’s been bugging me that I couldn’t remember her name. An earlier UK trans woman.

April Ashley in the Road to Hong Kong

“Bob Hope dies at 100; comedian had advocated against antigay violence”

“Although the spot never aired, Hope had recorded a public service announcement for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation decrying antigay violence. The 1988 PSA can be viewed at www.commercialcloset.org.“

16 Likes
15 Likes