Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

TERFs: “There are only two sexes, follow the science!”

Scientists: “Actually…”

https://mastoreader.io/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmas.to%2F%40stevegis_ssg%2F111790552859139470

TERFs: “So-called experts, what do they know!”

8 Likes
10 Likes
4 Likes

FTA:

Dorfman insists on our lifelong right to bodily autonomy and the ongoing possibilities of self-actualization.

Damn right.

5 Likes

(Of course you know the neckbeards are going to lose their shit so you might hear some ugly crying about this online)

9 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

The Tsuyama Branch Court of the Okayama Family Court has ruled that a transgender man can legally change his gender in his family register from female to male without having to undergo surgery!

Last October, the Supreme Court of Japan ruled that a law requiring surgical sterilization before allowing a person to legally change their gender was unconstitutional, and Mr. Usui brought his petition to the court in December.

7 Likes

“ That number is even higher for transgender people receiving gender-affirming care – 98% of transgender individuals taking hormones are more satisfied with their lives.”

These figures contradict recent media narratives, such as those published by Pamela Paul in The New York Times

Even the largest of the studies by Lisa Littman, Pamela Paul’s favorite “rapid onset gender dysphoria” and detransition researcher, only could recruit 100 responses from detransitioners, suggesting that transgender individuals regret transitioning and that transition does not enhance the lives

Edit:

Republished in the Washington Blade - hopefully leading to much wider distribution & discussion.

6 Likes

Elections matter.

5 Likes

Let me know if there is a better place for this? I think I’ll link it over to the Magical history tour…

14 Likes

That was the norm in the UK until the case of Corbett v Corbett, which I will not talk about here because it’s the Positive News and Stories topic.

7 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look it up later for some greater context.

9 Likes

Policy 720 had been devised and adopted last October by the district’s previous Republican-majority board. In the November elections, however, residents succeeded in flipping the board to a Democratic majority. One of the new board’s first actions was to move to rescind 720.

9 Likes

Every election every time. A few hours of our time can be life changing for a child

15 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes