Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Meeting other trans people irl can be difficult—it took me a while. I feel lucky to have a small group trans friends that I meet with regularly. They’re mostly in their late 20’s but one is much closer to my age.

10 Likes

Moving halfway across the country 6 months before a global pandemic didn’t help.

11 Likes

I mean - I hope it’s good news. Thinking it might be given how well this character has been handled.

7 Likes

Jesus, the fucking cringe at the writing in that article. Tons of passive voice. Lots of “insiders tell me”. And then this lovely bit of writing:

The leaked storyline is said to feature dirty cops who work for the Kingpin. Well, Kingpin either is running for election or wins the election as mayor. So apparently those dirty cops set up White Tiger (a Black guy) who gets arrested for murder. It also seems as if those cops use the Punisher symbol (similar to law enforcement today). So if I had to guess, maybe the Kingpin and those dirty cops don’t like transgenders.

Another possible scenario I can come up with is that Matt Murdock takes on the case of the four transgenders, whatever that might entail.

I would take this story with many, many, many heavy grains of salt. This sounds like it was written by someone trying to generate outrage among the “Marvel has gone woke” crowd.

10 Likes

Nobody who uses ‘transgender’ as a noun should be taken seriously. Gods that article is cringy.

11 Likes

Also, the primary source seems to be a Xitter account run by Daniel Richtman. I looked through a bunch of his posts. It’s mostly rumors and wild speculation about the MCU and other genre productions, mixed with a smattering of “Look at this hot celebrity’s boobies!” pics. I would regard the story as suspect.

11 Likes

I’m hoping they’re a co-counsel firm.

6 Likes

What I’m saying is I’m not even sure this is anything other than a rumor made up to generate outrage among the anti-woke crowd. I’ll believe it only when I see a casting announcement from Marvel.

6 Likes
11 Likes

Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Is this her? I think it’s her!!!

Also, I can already tell, that this is going to suffer from being far too dark… :rage: (not as in dark in tone, but dark in being able to SEE shit on the screen!).

9 Likes

I thought that was Carrie-Anne Moss. She features heavily in the trailer. Abigail Thorn isn’t in the credits on IMDB yet, so she may not be in the trailer. She’d make a pretty good Sith, I think.

5 Likes

Ah… wasn’t sure… I was hoping… But yeah, I’d prefer her as a sith, too, I think!

But yeah, this series is gonna be like that one episode of Game of thrones, it looks like.

5 Likes

Hmm, apparently this was leaked last year sometime. She’s playing a character called Ensign Eurus, so presumably a Republic Officer of some kind.

7 Likes

Oh, thanks for digging that up!

4 Likes
11 Likes

Meanwhile, here in GA…

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

15 Likes

Holy Shit!! That is wonderful! Surprising, but wonderful even more!

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

12 Likes
13 Likes

star trek geek GIF by Alpha

9 Likes

:transgender_flag: Happy Trans Day of Visibility :transgender_flag:

16 Likes