Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Wow. I could have sworn there was a second ‘a’ in “Adm”.

Now I know why my head feels stuffed these days - it’s really full because all you people are living in it with me! :smile_cat:

8 Likes

In my case, I’m wondering if it’s because I used to skip vowels when taking notes in class.

7 Likes
14 Likes

Look at these sweet trans punk babies!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sob: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sob:

9 Likes
13 Likes

“I’m Trans”

April 7, 2024

I am coming out as Trans. Tired of being secretive about it. Didn’t really want to make a comic or post about it, but long audio format actually is optimal for saying what I want to say in the way I want to say it, so here you go… a freakin’ podcast.

8 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

So, wait up now…
A transgender actor playing a transgender character…
Is that even allowed? I mean, can they do that?

(/S)

14 Likes
13 Likes

Kansas is a really good example of the importance of voting in every election. The state legislature is dominated by Republicans, partly because of typical GOP shenanigans and partly because outside of the few, not all that large, cities, it’s a red rural state, but Kelly won the governorship as a Democrat. She won because it was pretty hard to deny that the austerity policies that the previous governor, Sam Brownback (and his successor after he resigned to take an ambassadorship in the Trump administration), damn near bankrupted the state. And, of course, when abortion rights were put to a state wide vote, they won easily. When that state gets turnout to vote, they aren’t that red a state. We gotta start getting people to vote for state legislatures like they vote for statewide and national offices. The Kansas City suburbs are purple to blue. Lawrence is very, very blue. I’m not sure about Wichita and Topeka, but the rest of that state is so sparsely populated that, in a fair system, it wouldn’t matter.

11 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

(Thread)

14 Likes
12 Likes

Because trans women are women, and thus subject to misogyny. QED.

12 Likes

JK Rowling is definitely not Scottish.

11 Likes

She’s still a Holocaust Denier.

8 Likes

Sverige! Sverige!

Yay for Sweden!
https://www.riksdagen.se/en/news/articles/2024/apr/17/it-will-be-easier-to-change-gender_cmsf772fcc0-2851-4007-a2d2-0712267e44c5en/

TL,DR:
Age to change official gender lowered to 16 years from 18 (Sweden was the first country to introduce the right to change gender in documents, in 1972, AFAIK).
Minors still need tutor approval for gender change.
Simplified (and separate) procedure to get gender reassigning surgery.

Law originally proposed by two parties in the government, Liberals and Moderates (both center-right), contrasted by Christian Democrats (in the government, right) and Swedish Democrats (extreme right, external support).

It passed (234-94) thanks to the oppositions: Social Democrats, Left Party, Center Party and Green Party.

10 Likes

One pointed out that despite some people claiming trans folks are “unnatural,” animals care far less than humans do about transitioning.

“Remarkably, despite how many people say I’m violating the laws of nature, my cats and dogs just don’t seem to care. I live on a small farm and have chickens and goats. They also just don’t seem bothered by it at all. Neither have birds swooped down from the sky to show their offense at my flaunting of the natural order of things. All is good,” they wrote. “I do understand your concern. Dogs and cats know us through scent. I also wondered if they’d act differently. They haven’t. It’s just not important to them.”

12 Likes