Transphobiosa Totalus! Even Musk tires of JK Rowling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/04/transphobiosa-totalus-even-musk-tires-of-jk-rowling.html

8 Likes

Maybe Elon is noticing that advertisers don’t like social sites that are cesspools of hate?
happy season 3 GIF

14 Likes

He’s reminding her that in the hierarchy of bigotry, misogyny outranks transphobia.

52 Likes

That’s how I see it. All the vile, hateful shit on Xitter, and he’s telling Rowling to smile more. I mean, let them fight, but Christ what an asshole.

50 Likes

She’s surely enthusiastic to receive the abuse too as on some level she seems to truly believe that it is the natural order of men and women to abuse each other and impose a rigid sex based system of oppression on each other.

It is so bizarre to watch some one employ such extreme negativity, sexist thinking, and deep misogyny in the name of feminism. But I guess no weirder than watching Musk censor people in the name of free speech.

Just two nasty rich narcissists living out their miserable fantasies at the expense of random people whose lives they will never have to acknowledge…

37 Likes

Has that fuckwit told any male nazi fuckwits to tone it down?

Why do I think I already know the answer?

30 Likes

Kanye?

11 Likes

Ah, yes, kantye certainly qualifies!

11 Likes

This is the core belief set of Terfism. You’ve summed it up in one sentence. Its analysis is as deep and as clear as a puddle.

This is all they have. A gross parody of class analysis with women as the eternal victim, constantly oppressed by the grand conspiracy of the Y chromosome.

It’s as pathetic as it sounds, and it would be laughable if it didn’t cause real harm to so many people.

17 Likes

what happened to all the socially libertarian, fiscally afraid they’ll get audited types i met in silicon valley?

i was thinking the other day how the time between now and my first hacker conference is about the same distance in time as from then to the very early 90s – as in the Mosaic days.

Was Usenet this terrible and we just didn’t notice because the high falutin’ paris review types weren’t on there like they are Twitter?

7 Likes

Round two: Has the fuckwit told any white male nazi fuckwits to tone it down?

edit: tyop.

14 Likes

That sums it up perfectly.

8 Likes

The social cost for being misogynistic/homophobic/transphobic/racist/fascist/etc online was nil for so long that it has reached a tipping point and spilled over into the offline world. Now those people are buying social media platforms. Bills are past due. A price needs to be paid for antisocial behavior. Individuals need to be held accountable for hate speech. Corporations that foster it deserve the death penalty.

22 Likes

The US used to have a death penalty for fucked corporations. The gov’t would take over and shut them down.

We really fucking need to start doing that agian.

19 Likes

An XLNT point.

6 Likes

The corporate death penalty is the only death penalty I will support.

23 Likes

It’s one of the times guilt is absolutely assured.

14 Likes

Even if it’s not, the only thing that is lost is a fraction of the wealth of people that already have too much god-damn money.

13 Likes

Was Usenet this terrible and we just didn’t notice

Usenet groups usually had good moderators. Those that didn’t turned into cesspools of spam and hate.

15 Likes

It was, but Usenet reader software didn’t throw it in your face on the timeline.

13 Likes