Trencherwoman eats giant burger in under 10 minutes

I doubt it. People who purge regularly generally do not have grills like this:

It’s worth noting that your body can only store so many calories as adipose cells in a given time frame. A meal like that will max it out, and the rest will get, um, processed. You’d have to eat like that regularly to balloon up. An occasional meal like that, while it will temporarily skyrocket your cholesterol, isn’t going to result in obesity. BMI is about habits, not the last meal you ate. America’s obesity epidemic isn’t a result of having rich high-calorie food. It’s a consequence of eating junk food multiple times every day combined with inactive lifestyles.

I personally don’t see how this is any more (or even as) “being on top” than a connaisseur who indulges in a $100 plate of two 3oz pork medallions at a trendy restaurant or a fifty dollar glass of wine. World hunger doesn’t exist because of a shortage of calories, but due to economic inequality and a failure to distribute what’s produced. It seems sort of superficial to look down on someone because they do something that the lack of which wouldn’t impact world hunger one bit. It just means the restaurant throws away less perfectly good food the next morning. If it’s the conspicuous consumption people object to, where are those concerned citizens when someone’s unboxing their perfectly useless Apple Watch or new handbag on YouTube?

Just a friendly contrarian view.

9 Likes

So did I. And then I had to look up ‘gourmand’.

1 Like

It’s like a matryoshka of new words!

4 Likes

Mark:

Thank you for “trencherwoman” not “trencherperson” or just “trencher”

My guess, based on Mark’s many other posts over the years, is that the term rolls off the tongue better and he wasn’t really thinking about the sexist aspect of it. Good for you, to make sure we all remember that women have to be specified in a job title.

5 Likes

I could have eaten like that at oh, about 16 or so. I was 98lbs and had the metabolism of a herd of small rodents. For years I was served last at Thanksgiving, because the one time they served me first I was asking for seconds before the plates had gone all the way around the table.

Alas, time and age have caught up to me and I now eat less and weigh more.

6 Likes

Yep, couldn’t agree more.

Speaking of rolling off the tongue:

2 Likes

Especially noodles. I´ve seen people inhale a full bowl in mere seconds.

they are touched by His Noodly Appendages, both inside and outside

3 Likes

Ramen.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.