TruBrain: It May Not Give You 'Wings', But It's Sure to Increase Productivity & Awareness

[Read the post]

1 Like

Nice, Boing Boing. Will you add homeopathy cures and Dr. Oz videos to your store, too?

18 Likes

What the crap BB? I hope this is someone who has hacked your site, or youā€™re just trolling.

ā€œPromotes longterm brain healthā€ ?
ā€œAddresses the fundamental components of brain chemistryā€ ?

8 Likes

Iā€™ve got this empty plastic box with a car aerial bolted to it. It detects all explosives, and cures most cancers. Would you like to market them for me at $175,000 each?

8 Likes

What about marketing the components themselves? We are makers, we can mix our own. The dry powders ship better as thereā€™s no bulk nor weight of water, too. The cost savings could be pretty significant.

ā€¦and please ship directly from China, so thereā€™s no crap with US-only logistics.

4 Likes

What is that down there?

Itā€™sā€¦ Oh no.

A shark.

4 Likes

Itā€™ll find you a job, it IS a job!

8 Likes

I can only hope that:

a) The siteā€™s been hacked, or
b) There is an intended humour in this that is completely escaping me.

If neither is trueā€¦thenā€¦ WTF BB? My time here is limited.

3 Likes

I got a big box of them from China, want to market mine instead? I am asking $75,000

2 Likes

8 Likes

So, letā€™s seeā€¦

Caffeine and Theanine: somewhat legit, caffeine is a CNS stimulant that we all know about, and theanine has anxiolytic properties which make for a good counter with caffeineā€™s LETS MAKE WOOD DAVERS effects;

Oxiracetam and Choline: Assuming you are not one of the people who becomes anxiously depressed when taking choline supplements or acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, these have anecdotal nootropic qualities (I absolutely canā€™t take either of those without bad effects)

Magnesium and tyrosine: you might need more magnesium if you have a crummy diet, and tyrosine is supposed to be a dopamine promoter;

Carnitine: probably not lacking in your diet if you eat meat, but anecdotal evidence for promoting focus;

Uridine and more choline: No idea what uridineā€™s supposed to do really, see choline statement above;

frou-frou sweeteners: ehh they probably help it taste okay?

I wouldnā€™t really put this all in the category of homeopathic products. All the above things almost certainly do actual things to your body in various ways. Perhaps a bit more on the snake oil side of things if you donā€™t believe any anecdotal evidence counts and donā€™t think there are enough studies.

I give it a C+ or perhaps a B- without having actually tried them.

I give it a D for boingboing marketing, though. This did not have BOING BOING STORE all over the posting, making me think it was just a ā€˜hey this is a neat thingā€™ post and not ā€œBUY THIS NEAT THING FROM OUR STACKWHATEVER STORE SO WE DONā€™T HAVE TO USE INVASIVE FLASH ADSā€ post.

12 Likes

@frauenfelder This is a pretty bad product to have at the top of the BB homepage. Iā€™m guessing it was out of your control?

3 Likes

So what youā€™re saying is that Iā€™m 15 minutes too late to post [citation needed] on this shop of shit? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Favorite Tom Waits song.

"Step right up

Please allow thirty days for delivery, donā€™t be fooled by cheap imitations

You can live in it, live in it, laugh in it, love in it

Swim in it, sleep in it,

Live in it, swim in it, laugh in it, love in it

Removes embarrassing stains from contour sheets, thatā€™s right

And it entertains visiting relatives, it turns a sandwich into a banquet

Tired of being the life of the party?

Change your shorts, change your life, change your life

Change into a nine-year-old Hindu boy, get rid of your wife,"

6 Likes

Shut up. You guys just arenā€™t smart enough to understand how good TruBrain is because you donā€™t drink TruBrain.

9 Likes

9 Likes

I only regret that I cannot like this twice.

4 Likes

Does ā€œa better safety profile than saltā€ mean that you can consume a half cup of it without dying?

5 Likes

Damn yes. Tried to like it twice, ended up unliking it and had to like it again. If only Iā€™d had TruBrain!

5 Likes

It slices
It dices
It julienne fries

No one gets it when I quote that line, but I giggle every time.

3 Likes