Truck owner loses job after driving it town around with racial slur on back window

The first report I read was from a woman who took the first picture and she claimed that he drove into the mall with that on his truck. I haven’t seen that story since.

4 Likes

The reasons I don’t buy the vandalism excuse:

1. Three colors were used. Vandals would want to be quick. Maybe it’s a friend of his though. Still, being seen doing this in broad daylight? No.

2. He said he noticed it when he came out from shopping and went to a car wash. I’d have found a rag in my truck and wiped it off. If I didn’t have a rag I’d scrape it off.

3. He drove down the road with this. I wouldn’t (See Number 2).

4. He noticed people taking pictures and engaged with them. If I ignored reasons 2 and 3, I’d either ignore them or at least yell something like “I know, I’m going to get it cleaned off.”

5. There’s the allegations by witnesses that the claim in Number 1 is false. But they could be lying so this is low in the list.

3 Likes

The last sentence negates the first.

20 Likes

Yep. I’m not buying this guy’s story either.

Step #1: Snap a pic for documentation.
Step #2: Call 311 and file a police report.
Step #3: Remove or obscure the writing, even if it means you have to go buy or borrow something from the giant shopping mall you just walked out of.
Step #4: Don’t be a racist.

12 Likes

Also, as mentioned up thread; in this day & age, many parking lots have cameras. If this was actually a case of vandalism that also happened to other vehicles in the same lot, it should be easy enough to prove.

11 Likes

Aye, and at the very least he could check. While it’s too little too late, he could at least still file a police report and insist they pursue any extant security camera data. The fact that he hasn’t even done that much is one of the many aspects of his story that doesn’t pass the smell test.

9 Likes

Vandals had time to climb into the truck bed and use 3 different colors in a busy mall parking lot?

5 Likes

You can register to vote when you get your driver’s license in Nebraska.

1 Like

What’s clear is that many people think the worst of others these days

Isn’t that a tautology?

2 Likes

And they deface this guy’s truck instead of, say, a black person’s car, as racist vandals are wont to do?

Also, they use washable window paint/liquid chalk instead of spray paint? On the rear window instead of a window that would impair his ability to drive? How odd for racist vandals to show that kind of courtesy!

12 Likes

Oh look - the real world equivalent of the ‘I was hacked’ excuse used by racists on Twitter.

7 Likes

How does this mythology of “heroic US journalism” survive? US news media is globally infamous for being utterly crap, and has been for a long time.

7 Likes

Not arguing about guilt either way, but there are lots of employers who would fire in a situation like this even if they were perfectly sure the man was innocent just to avoid the bad publicity. Firing seems to be the default reaction to controversy while defending your employee takes courage.

He’s proud of his racism, until he gets fired, then it’s someone else’s fault.

I imagine his boss knows him well enough to recognize that the guy did it himself, and it wasn’t some rando going around tagging trucks in a parking lot.

8 Likes

Do we know WHY he was fired?

The truck has a commercial license plate, so (assuming the truck belongs to the company, as most people don’t register their personal vehicles with commercial plates) it’s possible he was fired for driving the company truck to the mall.

but there is Calgon
oh! take me away!

2 Likes

Portland (Oregon/Maine)
Newport (California/Rhode Island)
Astoria (Oregon/New York)
Salem (Oregon/Massachusetts)
Springfield (Ok, that’s cheating :wink: )

2 Likes

Do they, though?

3 Likes

He’s a Liar just like trump. He deserved to get fired. His ex & her child don’t deserve the harassment though.
“But Brittany Struble tells the World-Herald that she saw Cordis arrive at the mall with the message already on his truck. She says he was “smiling” as she confronted him and left the mall without ever entering it.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.