Trump Administration: a climate denier for the EPA, a Goldman-Sachs banker for Treasury

A failed state, late stage capitalism, etc, etc

4 Likes

Ben Carson - education.

BEN CARSON???

Someone in the 21st Century who believes the pyramids were grain silos and despite it being proven in thousands of experiments, refuses to accept evolution as a fact.

In charge of educating the next generation.

In a normal world he’d be laughed out by the relevant appointment committee. In Trumpworld, he’ll be waved through.

13 Likes

You know, it feels like only a few days since Trump was lambasting Hillary for being too close to Goldman Sachs.

14 Likes

Great title for a book! I’ve already found the bright side to all this! The creative arts will have a huge boost as people try to expunge this horrid reality from their minds each day!

1 Like

Older Presidents; higher retirement age – I don’t see why we cant bump up the draft age…

1 Like

The critical appointment is who will be the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, in case going Designated Survivor (:copyright:ABC) becomes the preferred option.

[Yes, I made this joke just to amuse myself knowing full well that no one else watches that show.]

[[No, you’re right, treasonous mass murder is never funny.]]

[[[Except this one time and, again, only to me.]]]

[[[[Move along. Nothing to see here.]]]]

1 Like

Yep, Trump will definitely kill off the American dream.

I’m starting to believe that his goal is to bring this nation to a brink of ruin and therefore spur all of us to revolt and overthrow both the corporations and the government.

3 Likes

I think his only goal is his own self-aggrandizement, honestly. He ran just to prove that he could do that and win.

9 Likes

But his last campaign ad wasn’t a dog whistle, whatever that even is…

1 Like

And to loot the treasury.

Trump may not have been a real billionaire before the election, but he sure as hell will be once he leaves the office.

8 Likes

Yeah, why do militia types think a few rifles will be enough to protect them against a tyrannical regime willing to use any means necessary against them?

5 Likes

I’ve doubt that Petitions will do anything, but to hell with it and SIGN THIS IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!

Yeah, … no! I’m not giving a .gov website my info linked with that sentiment right now, thank you! Let the NSA work for it a little bit in January.

8 Likes

If they do they’ll never say it out loud. That’s the way it is with a grifter’s marks: they can’t admit they were gulled, to the point where they go back to the same confidence artist again and again.

6 Likes

If anyone knows a better song about regulatory capture, hook me up.

1 Like

To be honest, this one scares me less than the rest. Gingrich is a self-serving deviant asshole of high order, but he is not an idiot, and he actually knows something about the world.

Giuliani (presumably for Justice) scares me the most. He’s vindictive, was reasonably successful as a prosecutor, and doesn’t much care if the people he’s going after are innocent.

5 Likes

The first indication of Mr. Trump’s intentions may come as he appoints members of his cabinet, sending signals about his priorities. Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee, has expressed interest in running the Energy Department. In a CNN interview last year, she promised to dismantle it. “If I were in charge of that, it would be a short-term job,” she said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-wants-to-‘drain-the-swamp’-but-change-will-be-complex-and-costly/ar-AAk9NRN?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

1 Like

You’re unaware of dog whistles? It’s language or terminology used in a public way to communicate with a particular group in a sort of coded way. Christian Dominionists use certain languages that only Christians are supposed to be able to parse (popular among religious candidates), as do racists when trying to communicate messages about particular groups of people.

3 Likes

I actually forgot my sarcasm slash. There was a long discussion about the anti-Goldman-Sachs commercial by Trump from this week and how it wasn’t a dog whistle because he’s expressing he is against big banks.

5 Likes

OH! Silly me. Must be the year of grief that’s knocking my sarcasm detector off… >_< My bad. You’re referencing the antisemitism conversation…

I don’t think I watched any of the political commercials this election… Not even that one, although it was nicely up on the front page for me to “enjoy”… But yeah.