Trump Administration moving forward on tent cities for kids

How are these not internment camps? Should we go ahead and build the memorials now while there’s funding?

13 Likes

Newt Gingrich would love this. The return of child labour has been a GOP dream for a long time, and with this situation they wouldn’t have to pay 'em.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Except we aren’t lurking in someone else’s bushes. We’re hiding out in our own yard and pouncing when they venture in.

come to America looking for a better life, you know, like many of our ancestors did

Yeah, but those were white people. White people are safe. Brown people are criminals.

/sarcasm, if that wasn’t clear. Yeesh.

1 Like

I’m sure…
If we were to look back in history, let’s say within the last 200 years,
we wouldn’t find a single case in which the government forcibly taking the children of a marginalized and demonized group ‘for their own good’ (for sure) backfired horribly, ending in decades worth (young lifetimes full) of trauma and lawsuits…

Oh, hey there Rabbit Proof Fence…didn’t see you come in…

11 Likes

Don’t forget the showers.

5 Likes

20 Likes

Y’know, all of you voters who stayed home, all of you BBS commenters who insisted that there was no difference between Trump and Hillary, or that voting for Trump was a clever strategic way to flip the tables for Bernie or some junk: here’s those concentration camps you ordered, fucker.

27 Likes

If hell existed Sessions, Kirstjen Nielsen and Trump would be going there. Fuckers.

2 Likes

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but the US usually are the bad guys.

Any cognitive dissonance about this can be attributed to top-notch PR and spin - just imagine the Nazis had Hollywood and Madison avenue…

4 Likes

Hear, hear, nungesser. For the love of every good impulse of humanity, please, every American who posts, lurks, likes or otherwise engages with BB, grab every thinking, feeling human near you who is eligible to vote and GO VOTE THIS NOVEMBER. Get involved. Volunteer. Give a few dollars. We’ve got to stop the monsters.

6 Likes

Perhaps picking fruit. Maybe cotton? It’s fluffy and soft. That can’t be hard.
You wouldn’t pay them. I mean, that would be child labor, and that would be wrong. But forced character building. So they don’t engage in future unlawful acts like being brought by their parents to a shithole country.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t overreact. Only the gay ones. And not ALL the clothes. Just a triangle.

For their own good.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Jesus god, I don’t see how we make our way back from this.

2 Likes

idris-elba-talking

Also, hugs to your grandkids. I hope they always stay safe.

7 Likes

How bad must things be there to make people still want to come here with him and his ilk in charge? With the enabled racists crawling out of the woodwork like some twisted horror film?

We should be enraged for weeks. We should be enraged for the rest of our lives that this is happening in our country.

But I’m certain it will be at most a day or two before some other shitstorm is kicked up by this administration to distract us. My money is on another failure of astronomical proportions to an environmental disaster.

For the post itself, how long before the tent city turns into Lord of the Flies? Or worse. I can see any closeted pedophiles who happen to be in the military queuing up for “guard duty”.

Maybe they can just etch it on the wall they want to build.

Seeing as Trump literally requested immigrants come from Norway, of all places, you are spot on the mark.

The only way forward is through. Vote and protest while we can.

10 Likes

mikeeyeroll

4 Likes

Happened in the States, too, with Native american children being taken from their homes and adopted by white christians. It’s an act of genocide, when this happens. We also forcibly sterilized thousands of working class white, black, and native women. When it comes to our policies for Native peoples, the policies of the US, Canada, and Australia are remarkable similar. Assimilation or destruction was the goal.

19 Likes